Wednesday, August 22, 2007

GOOD AND BAD ADDICTIONS


Getting back into the swing of CR has been difficult over the past three months. Mostly because I really didn't put forth any effort. Short cuts here and there. Not record keeping properly, etc. What I have come to realize is CR for me is an addiction. A good addiction.

Naturally, I am an addictive person. Cigarettes, beer, food, people, etc. It's the way I operate and the only way for me to really maintain a healthy lifestyle is to become addicted to it.

The first addiction for me is the CROM. When I really start tracking what I am eating, it's gets exciting. I find myself getting up while reading a book or conversing with friends via phone to make simple adjustments to my next day's plan. Last minute ideas popping into my head that might help reduce fat, but raise vitamin levels.

I like this addiction.

New addiction I am working on is working out. I joined a gym yesterday and got up (not entirely eager) at 6 am to go and work out. At first I was a bit reluctant, but mid way through I felt almost high and 30 minutes later when I came off the machine, I knew this was going to be a good day.

When I got home from the gym, I fed my dog and took him for a walk. We ended up walking for 20 minutes. Usually in the morning, I am groggy and not into the walk, so I take him to the green spot that is within a few blocks and let him do his business and then right back home. It felt great to have more energy and even better that the extra energy was a benefit for Pabst.

I made breakfast, packed my lunch, drank some coffee and more water and am at work. Full of energy, smiling and excited about the rest of my day!

I think my exercise addiction will come easily and I am excited!

Food wise, things are good. I am maintaining around 1600 calories per day. This morning I burned around 200 at the gym and I may do some weight training tonight. If so, I will have to up my calories a bit.

So, how was every one's morning?

3 comments:

Ali said...

I have been a total slug with my record keeping too and as a result, I have seen no progress. Guess it's better than back sliding, but not as fun. Ali

Deborah said...

Congrats on your new addictions. It would be nice to find a more positive word for them though. I'm just glad you are back to is. it give me inspiration that I will be better with my CR soon.
;-D

April said...

I totally agree re: addictive personality!

a