Sunday, March 25, 2007

CILANTRO AND MORE CILANTRO



I am so jealous of the girls that were able to go meet with April this weekend. Although close, there was just no way I could make it and ended up having a much needed relaxing weekend.
Good thing, as this last week at work before my departure to the Dominican Republic is going to be crazy busy.

Saturday, Pabst and I slept in until about 10 am!! This is absolutely unheard of for me, but oops I did it again on Sunday too. We went out for a nice long walk and got home around 1 pm. After that, our day was filled (or mine rather) with some good old scrubbing. I had not had a chance to really scrub down the apartment since my friend's had come up to visit the weekend before, so it was really needed. I guess I was in "spring" cleaning mode, because I did everything, down to the windows and even scrubbed the floors and base boards by hand. I love Murphy's Oil Soap!!

Then I had to run errands, go to the bank, etc and ended my day with a 7 pm AA meeting at the gay and lesbian center.

I crashed with popcorn when I got home. Not a 100% nutritious snack, but filling and not too bad on the calories, especially home popped, no butter added.

Today was CR prep day after our usual long morning walk. I do SO much better when I have taken time on Sunday to plan, prepare, and cook for the following week. Here are some of the highlights;

Roasted Veggies
Gazpacho (thanks Em)
Green Cakes (thanks April)
Crust less Pumpkin Pie
Broiled Turkey Burgers
Broiled Turkey Breast
Egg White Salad

Just about everything had cilantro added. It was on sale and beautiful and I love the flavor! Waste not want not. I am also going to make a bok choi, cabbage, and collard soup when I get home tonight. These are all made with 2-4 servings and will last through the week without worry of spoiling. Some is frozen and some in the fridge.

I am proud of what I did today. I have even sort of planned things out in the COM, too. So I really do not even have to think. Just look it up, pack it, and go!

Well I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. I can't wait to read everyone else's post about the CR girls weekend. THANKS again for the support!

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

your yum-yums for the week sound great! were u able to find anything you like from the recipes?

Deborah said...

Wow! sounds like a great planned week you've got there. I wish I'd had that time to do the same. All I got cooked up was butternut squash. Great job!

D

Anonymous said...

what a productive day you had! Today's supposed to be my food-prep-day... I think I'll use your post as inspiration. :-)