Monday, March 05, 2007

SUNDAY RECAP

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday. Well I got up early and headed into the office to send my crews out for the day. What a complete disaster. I swear my boss is SO unorganized and the men he hires are so bottom of the barrel, it's no wonder he is stressed and over worked all the time. I mean sometimes there is value in spending a penny more up front. Okay well that's a different blog.

After finally getting the guys out on the road, I headed to the new YMCA in my area. I am transferring my membership FINALLY! I havent lived in the old hood since July and I certainly wasn't commuting for the sake of the Y, more like paying unnecessary membership fees. Yesterday I spent 25 minutes on the bike in fat burner mode. The did the rounds on all the weight machines. Not feeling 100% confident about what I am doing, but I got a book and I am using that plus the help of a good friend to figure out what I need to be doing. I am excited!

It also helps that it is a 3 mile round trip walk to and from the gym. That provides me with a great warm up and cool down. I walk like a monkey running away from fire, so I know I am definitely burning a bit more calories. I wanted to do the research on that this weekend, but just didn't.

When I finally got home on Sunday after the gym, I crashed. Well not right away but eventually. I had all these hopes of doing some good reading for my AA group and for CR, but I just really felt like hell. I do not think I have quite gotten over the flu bug that I had. I still have a bit of a cough and congestion and I think even a bit of a fever yesterday, but I didn't check to be absolutely sure.

Here is how food went. Pretty good up until the end, but still within my 1600 calorie budget.

After gym breakfast/lunch (I think they call this brunch!): 1.5 cups Kashi Go Lean with 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk. (too tired to cook an egg!)

Late Lunch: Pita with turkey, romaine, tomato, FF cheddar, mustard and a large gala apple

Dinner: Egg white omelet with some pieces of left over steak, peppers and onions, and FF cheese

So what's missing? almonds, yogurt, flax, calcium chews, veggies. Not a great CR day. And to top it off; I had a slice of red velvet cake with cream cheese icing for desert! Not too small a piece either, so I put it in as two large slices on the COM to compensate.

Totals:

1339 calories
80 grams protein
177 grams carbs
45 grams lipids

Vitamins and minerals were obviously low for the day. Really not good because with being sick or fighting off the rest of this cold/flu, I feel I should be doing everything possible to get those extra B's and other vitamins. I just do not have the energy to fix stuff.

However, today is another day and I have good plans. With almonds, yogurt, calcium chews, and flax in hand I go into another day, ready to battle!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Sounds like you had an okay day. Great time at the gym..might have been a bit early after being sick that's all. you can get back to it today.

D

Jake Silver said...

doing great. "sending crews out" ... I need to browse around to remember what your career is.

Jacqueline said...

woo-hoo keep up the great work at the gym!