Saturday, March 03, 2007

I LOVE BEAUTIFUL WEATHER!

Today was an absolutely wonderful day to be in Brooklyn! Pabst and I had a blast. We started our day by going into the office. Then around 11 am, his foster father called to announce that Pabst' presence was requested at the vet's office for his booster shot. So we all piled into JT's car and headed over. Me and Pabst, Matt and CJ (dog), and JT and Mayb (dog). It was our first reunion since the litter had been slit up and we had a really great time.

CJ and Mayb took a bit longer with the vet because they had to do a full check up. So Pabst proved his chick magnet skills why we waited. He was the star of the office and the side walk out front. Everyone loved him and doted all over him with love and praises. I was a very very proud mommy today.

When we were finished up, the group separated and Pabst and I took a stroll to Fort Green park to visit with my sponsor and her daughter. The park was full of kids playing ball, adults playing ball, the old guys sitting and sharing gossip. It was great. The air was fresh, their was a great little breeze and was sunny and bright enough that I finally got to dig out my shades again.

We got home and I dashed out for a hair cut and some grocery shopping. Pabst was SO wiped out when I opened his kennel door, he just looked at me with that "you gotta be kidding me" tired look.

Food went well today. I didnt eat breakfast, but packed some almonds (which I still have not eaten) and grabbed a low cal wrap at Subway at about 2 pm. For dinner I had another low cal wrap with turkey, tomatoes, lettuce, mustard (homemade) and some of my salmon chili I made the other night. A little fishy but not bad.

So the almonds will be a night time snack with some yogurt. Pretty low cal day, but yesterday and the day before were a bit high, so the last three days average out to 1450 cals per day. Still a little on the low side.

I am feeling very comfortable with the whole no alcohol thing now. I am not having many physical cravings for that or for the sweet substitute, so I think this week I am going to start buckling down on CRON. I want to really work towards not going over 1600 calories any day this week and to also be sure that I am getting the correct amount of vitamins and minerals.

So I have some planning ahead of me, but otherwise what in the hell else am I going to do. You know the one major down side to not drinking; being home ALOT! I am able to easily fill my days with things to do; work, walking with Pabst, visiting day time friends, shopping, laundry, etc. But nights are hard. I should probably be going to more meetings, but I am really pooped, but have this inner dork in me telling me I am a dork and should be out with friends. My friends are all drinkers though. Heavy drinkers. At dinner, bars, home, everywhere and I just do not want to be around it right now. Not until I am ready.

So for tonight; I cleaned the apartment AGAIN, blogged AGAIN, will shower AGAIN, read AGAIN, walk the dog AGAIN, and sleep AGAIN. Any ideas?

6 comments:

April said...

All of us bloggers have to write things to keep you entertained at night!

Congratulations on all your awesome progress... we are so happy for you!

Can't wait to see you -- less than a month!!!

Love to puppy baby!

a

Schatze said...

Sounds like you had a great day - I love hearing Pabst updates, and yours too! About nighttime stuff to do, what about your paintings?

Deborah said...

What a glorious day.

Read, read and more reading..That's how I would fill my evenings if I had the time!!

Where's the library? Get your card out and check it out!

Congrats on your progress you must feel sooo good!

Robin said...

Carolyn,

Congratulations! You sound like you're doing really well.

There are *so* many things to do with your free time but if I'm reading through the lines correctly, it isn't so much that you can't think of things to do, it's that you're lonely. You don't miss the drinking but you *do* miss your drinking buddies.

It seems to me that you need to find new friends whose social lives don't center on drinking. There are a lot of ways to do that but all I can think to suggest is that you get more involved in causes and volunteer work that you care about. That way, you'll meet people who share your interests.

Of course, that sort of thing requires energy that you may not have right now, in which case you may be looking for some solitary activities to fill your time. I've always been a bit of a hermit myself so I have a long list of things I love to do by myself. Here are the sorts of things I do with my (very scarce) free time:
1) Read a good book (this is what I'm doing most of the time)
2) Knit
3) Try to learn another language (I've been working my way through Pimsleur French lessons)
4) Learn how to play chess (I'm reading some books Erin suggested in hopes of kicking my husband's ass at the game someday - he *always* beats me)
5) Write long, complicated blog posts that may or may not make sense
6) Try to tackle Brahms on the piano
7) Meditate (very good for you but it's harder than it sounds)

Other things I should do but never seem to have the time for:
1) Write a long letter to my grandmother and my great-aunts. Old people love being remembered and they're often lonely. A letter may be all it takes to make their day.
2) Get off my sorry ass and start doing some strength-training.
3) Write a science fiction novel for children
4) Learn how to play bridge

Actually, the list goes on and on. Before I got married and had kids, I never realized how lucky I was to have so much time to myself to do what I wanted. Sadly, I wasted a lot of that time sitting around watching TV. I miss those days of freedom and I wish I'd appreciated them more at the time. Don't *you* let them pass you by, my dear.

-R

Jake Silver said...

Sounds like a really fun day. I think most of the Low Carb wraps have more calories than the 6 inch sandwiches... not sure...

Calyb said...

Jake - I didn't choose the wrap for the "low carb" gig. I just read that the turkey wrap was 190 calories. I added cheese though, so in turn I also added cheese on the COM.

But, but would I have preferred some of that fresh baked bread. At least while I was sniffing it in line. After I got down to actually eating, I was totally satisfied with my little wrap!