Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Morning

Hey gang! Just wanted to post some information about my food today in the spirit of owning up and recording, tracking regularly.

Here's the meal plan and nutritional summary for the day;

Breakfast:

1 cup egg whites scrambles with
1 slice FF TJ's Swiss cheese
2 Morning Star Farms Breakfast Patties (yum!)

Snack:

2/3 Cup TJ's Granola
1/2 Cup TJ's Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt

Lunch:

Turkey and Swiss on
Flax Bread with
Spicy mustard
(I ran out of lettuce and tomato....boring!)

150 grams of carrots
2 tbsp hummus

Dinner:

8 large shrimp
2 cups asparagus (frozen)
Mixed up stir fry style. I will of course add garlic, some oil and some soy, so my information on dinner is not 100% complete.


Also I have stowed away with me 1/4 cup of whole almonds, just in case I get the munchies at work and they may work themselves into the plan somewhere so they are included in the nutritional summary below;

1488 calories
122 grams protein
130 grams carbs
54 grams lipids

32/35/33

Vitamins 95% (just low on D)
Minerals 95% (low on iron and potassium)

So, I am very happy with these numbers. My macro nutrient ratio is looking better all the time as I reduce my crappy carbs (bagels, breads, pasta, etc.) and my vitamins are up. I am able to find where I am low easier and make the necessary corrections.

I am also very happy with my exercise routine. Working out in the mornings is great. I usually do an hour on the elliptical machine, keep my resistance and pace up and burn around 600 calories (though I have been told those machines lie, I like to use that number to at least see improvement, up from around 400 calories per hour).

Strength training is next for me. I want to do some serious research and really learn how to do it right.

In other news, I am finally getting around to reading Food Politics. Didn't I hear some good discussion about this book this past winter? Thoughts?

No comments: