Sunday, September 16, 2007

WEEK IN REVIEW

Thought I would share my weekly averages, as I actually tracked my intake daily and exercise (big step for me FYI and it feels great!)


So here ya go;

Average daily calories :1939
protein: 109 grams
fat: 72 grams
carbs: 222 grams
fiber: 31

89% Vitamins

low on folate, C, D, E

93% Minerals

low on iron and potassium

96% lipids

107% saturated
82% Omega 3
119 Omega 6
141% Cholesterol


Last winter when I was successfully practicing CR, I was averaging around 1600-1700 calories per day and I was much more disciplined. I certainly had my bad snack moments, but my "quotation diet" was perfect and I am having trouble getting back to that. However, I think doing these weekly summaries will mean so much more than just looking at individual days. Eventually, the monthly reports will be what I will reflect and analyze the most.

Now, here's what I personally have learned from this;

1. No more whole eggs (my girlfriend suggest weekends only), egg whites!
2. More VEGGIES!!!
3. Alcohol being virtually eliminated has helped and I will continue with that.


What do you guys see? Any warning signs? Also, how do you all feel about replacing my whole eggs in the morning with oatmeal and a little yogurt. I did that today and I was hungrier than normal earlier, but my hunger didn't last throughout the day. If anything, I am way lower with my calorie totals then I normally would be.

Also; working out. My basic routine over the last week has been one hour in the morning on the elliptical machine, level 15, burning on average 650 calories (or that's what the machine says at least). This week I will be incorporating some strength training as well. I am guessing to make my rounds on the machines at the gym, about another half hour of work.

Since I go to the gym in the morning, I was thinking of bringing back my old 15 yoga routine to wrap up the evenings. Flexibility is important, I know, but I am just not great at doing it on my own and my little yoga video helps. I just wonder if the difference between working out in the morning and then doing the majority of my stretching at night is harmful or just plain weird.

Thanks for reading and again, I welcome any and all suggestions......

1 comment:

Amy said...

I don't think doing your yoga in the evening seems weird. I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I know "they" all say its best to do it first thing in the morning, but if I'm going to do cardio/weights I need to do them early (or at lunch) and somehow the yoga never seems to happen first thing. Not that I've been doing much working out since pregnant, but I'm still thinking about how I'm going to schedule things when boy #2 comes in December.