Tuesday, September 25, 2007

ROUGH WEEKEND

Weekends are hard for me. Especially when my girlfriend visits from Boston. It has nothing to do with her, because when we are together in Boston, we eat a good well balanced, calorie aware diet. I think it's my apartment.

My apartment has a lot of great qualities, one of which is not space. I do live in Brooklyn. My bedroom is spacious and my kitchen is kind of a walk through between two bedrooms. No living room or lounge space. Therefore, we spend a lot of time out of the apartment and eating most meals out, which we all know is horrible when attempting to restrict calories.

Her apartment is a home. Spacious, full kitchen, dining room, living room, back porch, no furniture (lol). There we cook a lot. Breakfast, lunch , and most dinners, eating out just some of the time.

I hate New York. Okay, I don't hate it. I would die without it, I am sure. Still, I am aggravated with New York at the moment.

So this weekend, my calories were way off the charts. Luckily, I tracked properly and I know I averaged around 2300 per day. (Again, eating out sucks!) I can at least be thankful for the data and the knowledge I have gained through the beginning of this experience.

This week is a busy one. Lot's of extra, pro bono projects at work, trying to maintain work out schedule, eat properly, and I am leaving Thursday to go camping for my birthday! I am not a camping regular, so I am gathering supplies, making list, plans, etc. Loads of fun, but lots of extra work to squeeze in this week.

I am excited. Sara (g/f) and I have planned out our menus, bought most of our food supplies and have a great plan for healthy eating, a little cocktail sipping, and lots of fun exercise like activities. APPLE PICKING!

Pabst (the dog) is super stoked too. I can tell you. You know, we communicate. He loves the outdoors! Swimming, hiking, adventuring around! Keep you posted!

1 comment:

..WW.. said...

from goodhealthissues.....yes yes yes............never surrender

ww