Thursday, August 23, 2007

MISS HARE


"Miss Hare" is what the counter person at Bally's called me this morning. Seems like there is some confusion with my new membership. When I joined a few days ago, I explained to the person signing me up, that I was going through a transition; changing my name and pronouns. The rep said, no problem.

Today when I tried to enter the gym, it was a problem. Access denied. I had to explain the whole situation again with the counter person. Apparently he got confused. He said (paraphrasing), "Don't worry, Miss Hare. We understand and will get you a new membership card with the correct name on it." He must have been confused. Perhaps thought I was transitioning from male to female (which is a good sign that I pass as a male). My current card has my name Calyb on it.

Anyways, funny story.

Things food and workout wise have been going good for the week. Last night, I did an online calculation of the number of calories I needed daily to maintain my weight. The computer calculated somewhere around 2500. Yesterday I had a total of 2400 calories and burned 240 at the gym. Calories were high yesterday. I went out after work with a friend and ate pizza and drank a few beers.

Today, there will be no beer. On average, I am drinking it about once a week, so I feel good about that and am not worried about last night at all.

My plan today is for somewhere around 1600 calories, to start. I will no doubt have to add more (probably at dinner) because I burned 360 calories this morning on the treadmill. (I know there is no way for these machines to be 100% accurate, but I like the idea of knowing roughly) I am going back the gym again tonight to have a physical assessment done as well. That should be interesting.

Here is my food outline for the day;


Breakfast:

1 cup scrambled egg whites
2 Morning Star breakfast patties
1 slice American cheese
2 tbsp salsa
iced coffee

Snack:

1/4 cup almonds

Lunch:

Turkey and American on Flax bread
with lettuce, tomato and spicy mustard
Diet Coke

Snack:

150 grams carrots
2 tbsp. hummus
2 oz. mozzarella cheese

Dinner:

I am thinking tuna salad with black beans, tomato, balsamic
Green Salad

Not sure. Going to have to add some thing green to get my vitamins up and I am still low on Vitamin D. Some sun would help, but it's cloudy and rainy here in NYC.

Also want to add; I know it says a lot about diet coke and coffee, but I am also consuming AT LEAST 64 oz. of water per day. AT LEAST! I woke twice last night and had to go to the potty, so I know I am getting plenty of good fluids as well!

So, how's everyone doing with exercise? Any news?

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Sounds like your meal plans are going well. yeah!