Monday, March 12, 2007

90 DAYS

Okay why does everything that is good for revolve around 90 days? 90 meetings in 90 days, good for sobriety. 90 days of exercising, good for the beach body beautiful contest. HA!

So, I decided to take Jake up on the 90 day challenge, and Robin too! I asked Robin where to sign up and she said, duh, just post it on your blog.

Here, I go. Jake, I accept your challenge!!!

Okay here is my plan:

Mornings before work: 30 minute walk/run with Pabst

After work: 30 minute walk/run with Pabst

3 days a week: 30 minute yoga

4 days a week: Choice between 30 Pilate's or 30 minute abs

Okay so I am cheating a bit. The walk/run thing with the dog I already do, but sometimes no run and sometimes short walks. So my promise is to do a full 30 minutes and to step up the run part little by little each week. Carry a stop watch with me and document the progress.

The yoga and Pilate's is a video I have, or I can opt to go to one of the classes at the YMCA. The ab thing is something I learned from a personal trainer a while ago and it's still in my memory. Oh boy I will be sore!! Can't wait!!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Good for you, Carolyn!
Here's the thing about the 90 days concept: if you can really keep something up for 90 days, you can probably keep it up forever. This is what I'm hoping anyway. If I can just make exercise a habit - a no-brainer thing I do by default every single day - I think it could actually work. We'll see.
Good luck!
-R

Al Nye said...

I'd just warn you sudden 90-day exercise converts to not overdo it. It's very easy to strain muscles or exercise so much that it becomes very difficult to do the exercises you're trying. Over exercising can cause injuries -- so I suggest that you give yourself days where you "rest" by doing nothing more strenuous than slow walking.

Al

Calyb said...

Al- You are right and actually I know better from my cycling days. Actually I am going to do a bit of a retraction on my post. Sorry guys. But just read tomorrows post and I think it will make ALOT of sense. Thanks for lookin out Al!!

Jake Silver said...

Well. I just borrowed 90 days because that's what the "power 90" program does. I also don't consider anything "cheating" if you already did it. I was already working out all the time, it's just that I wanted to give it my 100 percent focus this time and to Blog more about it.