Monday, March 12, 2007

MONDAY

So another weekend under the belt. Weekend was good. I did a lot of sleeping and resting, as well as some cooking and planning. I didn't step foot into my office, take a single work related phone call, nor did I check my work email.

I have been averaging around 1450 calories per day for the last week or so and it seems to be paying off. I have been able to easily shake off any sugar cravings and have allowed myself treats when I can.

Being more grounded in my caloric intake, I can focus a bit more on the nutritional side of things as well. I am finding easy ways to up my calcium and Vitamin D and K intake and am now just struggling a bit with B vitamins. Everything else seems to fall into play nicely now.

Apples. I have been hooked on apples this weekend. It all started when I read this website talking about easy ways to reduce your daily caloric intake. This guys example was that there was no way in heck you could eat 2000 calories of apples per day, but could easily consume that many calories through a bag of chips or some chocolate. So, I bought some beautiful gala apples at the market over the weekend and snacked on them with babybel FF cheese. Delicious and decadent. The apples are perfect. Huge and firm. Tart, but sweet. Juicy and did I say DELICIOUS?!! Apples and cheese will be my snack for today too. I am getting that mouth watering excitement now just thinking about it!

Everything is as follows:

Breakfast: 16 oz black coffee
1/4 cup almonds
1/8 cup sunflower seeds

Snack: 4 oz. FF cottage cheese
96 grams celery
98 grams baby carrots

Lunch: Turkey Chili (YUM)
1 tablespoon FF sour cream
1 dannon light and fit

Snack: Gala Apple
2 pieces of babybel FF cheese

That brings me up just below 1000. I will have a coffee at my evening meeting and follow that with some bok choy and turkey stir fry for dinner. Followed by either yogurt or cereal snack, time permitting.

Okay gang, well good luck to everyone on yet another new week.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Morning Carolyn!

I've been working on my B's as well... You know the story. I am getting 100% of mine now with mushrooms, brewer's yeast (something's happened, I am starting to like and crave it - I added cinnamon to it this time), fortified cereal, marmite, quorn, the occasional whole egg...

Apples and cheese are such a delicious combination... mmm.

Deborah said...

Hey there..everything sounds so good. I love Gala's but lately I get Pink Lady Apples. 1) I love the name; 2) they are a very pretty pink/red mix, 3) they are yummy and crunchy and 4) that name just really does it for me! Anyway, I hear ya on apples and cheese. and oh yeah, that brewers yeast somehow does grow on you..I never forget it these days, it's that good!!

Nice post

;-D