Friday, March 02, 2007

"TELL ME...WHY ARE YOU DISAPPEARING?"

That's what my boss said to me this morning, in his cute little broken English voice when we were having our little morning pow wow. I was proud! He finally is able to notice I have lost a bit of weight. Me too! My clothes had been fitting a bit better and better all the time, but the mere 10 lbs I lost on the scales didn't seem like much a few weeks ago. Especially considering I weighed a good 200 lbs.

Well this morning after his comment, I decided to take a look at the scales again and low and behold an additional 8 lbs had fallen off for a total of 18 lbs since Jan 1!

I don't think that 18 lbs over the last couple of months is too dramatic because of my size. If I was much thinner, I would be concerned obviously.

I am actually quite surprised, because I have had quite a few ad lib days. Just imagine if I had not screwed up all those times, or maybe the way too look at is; my body needed me to screw up in an obscure way. Like maybe I was trying to restrict too much and I need to up my calories to maintain healthy weight loss.

So somethings must be evaluated.

In other news;

I am feeling much better today. Thank you all for your "get well" wishes. You know it has been a while since I have been really sick. My boss will confirm for you that I have called in sick many times before, but I will tell you, that was mostly from being hung over. I can certainly say that I am glad not to be hung over, but I am not too sure I would trade in being sick like I was the last couple of days for that.

I am still a bit weak. I ate well yesterday or should I say I ate. Not necessarily nutritionally well, but I certainly had my fill. Last night I made a quick salmon chili. The recipe from the post a couple of days ago and I will have that for lunch. Almonds and yogurt for snack and we shall see what happens for dinner.

Thanks, again for the "Get wells!" Hope everyone is having a great Friday!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Yeah She's back!! Id' say your recovery was quite speedy.

And congrats on the side "effect" Isn't it nice when people notice??!?!?! I just love it

:-D

Emi at Project Swatch said...

Congrats on the loss! I think you're losing at the maximum healthy rate, so your average calories, including ad lib days, must be just right!

Schatze said...

That's amazing, Carolyn! Way to go.
Hope you have a good weekend, too.

Robin said...

Wow! 18 pounds is a lot!!
I think in the beginning, my weight loss was comparable. It was like the pounds just melted away. At some point, though, it should slow down to about a pound a week or less.
Anyway, glad to hear you're doing better.
Take care,
R