Tuesday, January 16, 2007

HELP!?!?!?!

Okay I am really confused with the RDA and DRI requirements. I just do not know what is appropriate. Seems like everything I read gives a different recommendation. What are the other CR gals in the group using.

I customized my CROM to max out most of the RDA, so oblique I am not hitting them with just food as of yet. I am sure, come someday soon I will figure that out. I am hitting right at 70% of that. If I add my daily multivitamin mix, then I am at some points more than 800%. Is this safe? I know the goal is not to rely on the good old multivitamin and to get the most nutrition from food as possible, but it's hard.

I have cut out frozen foods and prepackaged for the most park. I use a bit of salsa on my egg whites, some lo-cal unflavored yogurt and I guess you could call the mega muffin pre packaged. Other than that, fresh meats, egg whites, shrimp and other fish, cabbage, peppers, onions, broccoli, blah, blah...all fresh and I have cut out all most all fruit.

I don't know if maybe I have set my targets too high. Is that possible? Or am I just not eating and cooking correctly? If anyone has any recommendations, even just a link, that would be awesome.

THANKS CR FAMILY!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn,

I believe the most up-to-date information on DRIs can be found here:
http://www.iom.edu/Object.File/Master/21/372/0.pdf
This pdf contains tables showing DRIs broken down according to age and gender.

Let me know if that link doesn't work.

Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way, my real name is Robin, but I'll certainly answer to Skinnybitch.
=)