Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Okay so three days into this thing and I feel great. I feel an extra skip in my walk, a splash of extra confidence, etc....

Here is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: 8 oz. Low Fat Cottage Cheese
100 grams of carrots
100 grams of celery

Lunch: Mega Muffin with mustard
227 grams of Pacific foods Organic Creamy Tomato Soup

Late afternoon Snack: Mega Muffin with mustard

Dinner: 120 grams pan seared Tilopia
55 grams of smoked turkey breast

I have to say dinner was a total wash! I attempted to cook a stif fry with tofu and really royally screwed that up. Then I made the tilopia and was going to have that over greens, but my greens had gone bad, so I just had the fish. And then the couple slices of deli turkey breast. Low in calories, but not a lot of nutrition. Thank god for the earlier Mega Muffins

Dessert: Low cal yogurt
banana


Here is what my nutrition for the day looked like:



General (65%)
Calories: 1220.2 102%
Protein: 109.4 77%
Fat: 27.5 44%
Carbs: 149.4 66%
Fiber: 32.6 86%
Water: 631.1 17%

Vitamins (78%)
Vitamin A: 19016.4 634%
Folate: 236.2 59%
B1: 2.0 166%
B2: .6 43%
B3: 29.6 168%
B5: 13.1 262%
B6: 2.6 201%
B12: 4.0 166%
Vitamin C: 94.4 105%
Vitamin D: 29.6 15%
Vitamin E: 12.4 83%
Vitamin K: 39.9 33%


Mineral (94%)
Calcium: 790.2 79%
Copper: 1.5 162%
Iron: 9.6 120%
Magnesium: 522.6 131%
Phosphorus: 1519.6 217%
Potassium: 3151.0 67%
Selenium 141.4 257%
Sodium 2337.2 156%
Zinc 10.4 95%

Lipids (38%)
Saturated: 7.2 36%
Omega 3: 0.8 48%
Omega 6: 6.2 36%
Cholesterol: 99.6 33%




So from the uneducated point of view, I think this looks decent. I really hope to find someone who can help me understand this data a bit more.

Anyone want to leave feed back.....the floor is yours!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi carolyn. can i ask why your doing cron? from the reading I've done, although calorie restriction has worked with positive results on lab animals (and we are talking sever restrictions) there isnt much proof that it works on humans. My personal belief is that being underweight is a good thing generally, but not if all u do is think about food and are continually hungry. There should be a balance and taking a stochastic approach to exercise and eating relates directly to our human development.
thoughts?
curt

Chicago Cyclist said...

I don't know precisely why Carolyn is doing CRON, but your comment assumes that all one practicing CRON does is "think about food and (feel) continually hungry" an assumption that doesn't seem to be borne out amongst those practicing CRON with whom I've communicated. Nor does it match my (albeit new) experience with it. I had trouble eating all the calories I was supposed to yesterday. If one is willing to be creative in the kitchen, and eat lots of veggies, there is no reason to feel hungry all the time. Hunger before a meal is reasonable--a sensation most Americans are probably unfamiliar with.

Anonymous said...

CC; that statement wasnt a general observation about those on CRON, but more a statement of fact. I'm only just beginning to explore this area. I am interested in understanding why people follow CRON, is it to lose weight? the purported positive health effects? or other reasons. I have been following a paleodiet and workout routine that has for me worked extrememly well from both a weight and fitness perspective.

Calyb said...

Hey guys! Thanks for both posting. First time for everything, right!

I am taking a stab at CRON for many reasons. First of all my weight. I have for years been very active with a job in construction. Now I have only moderate physical activity due to a job that requires me to be behind a desk at least 40-50 hours a week and full time college, again requiring "sit still" time.

I do however walk to and fro work and school as I live in Brooklyn and I have just signed up for yoga classes as well. Still I find it is not enough exercise and if I do not have a routine outline of eating, I do not instinctively use caution.

Basically I am a junk food whore with a pretty good understanding of nutrition. I can help the overweight, the sick, the irritable fix their diets, but when it comes to my own, I need real structure.

I have not gotten too involved in practicing life extension. First off I really do not understand the science behind it, other than what I have read in books and blogs. I need to find out more about that before I decide to make CR a lifelong lifestyle. Right now I am using to shed what I have gained and train my brain and body to less instinctively a junk food junky.

I really enjoy it. There are sometimes when I get hungry, but not really. I feel great! I am sure there are going to be bumps. I am prepared for that.

If what I am doing makes me seem younger then I am all down for that as well.

Just one thing I would like to add;

It is really trouble some that people are so against what other people do with their bodies, especially since it holds no consequence to their own. I think you are asking good questions. I do not think you fit into that category, but please try and stay out of it. Your understanding would be greatly appreciated.

April said...

Well said, Chris and Carolyn.

a

Anonymous said...

Hello Carolyn,

Calories reads 1220.0 102%

That means 1220.2 calories were eaten which is 102% of your intended amount.

Read vitamins and minerals in IU, mg, or mcgr as set up in your software package. The % of daily value always follows the quantity consumed.