Wednesday, February 14, 2007

FINISHED POUTING?

Okay I think I am over the pouting stage for today and feeling a bit more on track and positive about things as a whole. Thanks so much for all your kind words of support and understanding.

I have to say though I had quite the blow out with snacks yesterday. I decided that it was my party and I could cry if I want to. On my way to a meeting last night, I stopped by CT Muffin with the intention to grab a cup of coffee. Instead I decided I deserved a white chocolate mocha; full fat, full calories, full sugar...the works.

Funny how our bodies change. Even though I spent the previous 3 or 4 days not eating all that healthy, I still was low on the calorie/sugar side. Early on into my meeting I got the strangest head ache. I even started seeing stars. It wasn't just that I order a "regular", full strength mocha, but I also ordered the largest size possible and drank it in about 3 minutes! I know it wasnt the caffeine, because I drink coffee like a feen all day. It had to be the sugar. I actually thought for a second I was going to pass out. I had to read this huge thing in front of the group at the meeting and could feel myself shaking.

Needless to say; no sugar for me today! I think I have learned my sugar lesson.

Today I didnt have a great breakfast, but not all too bad either;

Turkey and Egg White on Toast
Diet Mt. Dew
16 oz Black Coffee

Lunch I had:

Quorn (yes I finally tried it) Stir fried with cauliflower and asparagus


Now I am eating my usual 1/4 cup of almonds and having a diet coke.

You know Quorn is super filling. I could not finish what I had fixed. Had it been the same amount of Chicken, I probably would have gobbled it down, no problem. And you know, it taste pretty good! I actually think tons better than tofu or maybe I am just not a good tofu chef!

Even though I know how important it can be, I am taking it easy with the COM. My plan is to get back into the habit of using it tomorrow. I know that I do not want to give up on my nutritional goals, but there are some other issues in life weighing on me that I do not want to compromise by obsessing or focusing on my nutrition too much.

So I think what I will do is concentrate on eating well in the same old routine CR kind of way and I will enter my data into the COM, but not necessarily have a calorie goal. Does that make sense?

You know I have surfed around on every one's blog today and you guys all seem to have great recipes. It's interesting to see how people fit different things into their diet. Robin; loved your post about going to Whole Foods and how happy your home was fully nutritionally stocked. The permanent changes and satisfaction you have found through CRON are something to admire and look forward to. Beautiful writing as well!

Okay gang! HAPPY SAPPY DAY TO ALL!

2 comments:

Emi at Project Swatch said...

Large amounts of sugar act like a drug in my body - I get hyped up like crazy, crave more, and end up feeling horribly sick (physically). It's really quite intense.

Deborah said...

Sounds like you've gotten your act in gear. This really seems to be what everyone has to do..work out what works best and then just let it be.

Take care and have a great evening.

D