Monday, April 23, 2007

CR TROUBLE IN THE DR

Hey gang! Thanks for all your well wishes while I was away and yes, the vacation was a total blast. Pics to come soon!!

Highlights:

White water rafting, but first getting a bee sting in my butt on the trip up the mountain. Cool mountain water was a great fix for that one!

Waterfall jumping. Not one, but 7!!! Hilariously lost my shorts on the way up. Good times!

The most beautiful, sandy beaches I have ever seen. Really, they were amazing. One of the one's we visited was just voted one of the top 10 in the Caribbean and is still very natural and untouched. The bad news, a South African resort company has purchased all of it. I feel very blessed to have seen that beach before the destruction.

Almost no other American tourist! Most people that were visiting were French or Italian. Friendly folks! We were really there just after peak tourist season, so on most days, we had our lovely guides to ourselves and were not bombarded with huge crowds. It was as if we had the whole place to ourselves (well, plus the natives!).

FRESH FISH!! As in caught and cooked right on the beach.

The last 5 days that we were there, we stayed in a great little beach front cabana with a "full" (but small) kitchen. I could have done a bit better with CR, but really it just got totally thrown out of the window. I did cook breakfast everyday and it was fairly healthy. Typically scrambled eggs, fruit, and papas (potatoes). Lunch was typically sandwiches (great little Italian deli in the area) and dinner some sort of fish or pasta.

I didn't keep track of anything and the worst part of it all; beverages. Bottled water was not always available and you can not drink the tap water, because it's just filtered ocean water and still way too salty. Diet soda, forget about it. Many days I had anything from juice, to Pepsi or even a pino colado.

Oh well, it's vacation, right?!?! Now trying to get back on track.

Things have gone pretty well since my return. Actually, things have been great! Not necessarily relating to CR, but in general. My boss and I have been getting along very well at work (awesome!), I had a date (freaking amazing woman!) , met a new friend, my dog is looking great and healthy, etc. etc. Now, I just need to get some rest and get focused.

So fill me in. How's everyone doing? I have been trying to catch up on all that I missed on your blogs, but dang that's a lot of reading.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Oh, Carolyn...what you've missed!

I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful vacation and that things are going so well for you these days!

R

Deborah said...

Hey there!! yeah she's baaaack!!
You need to set up Google reader...get the feeds..it's so much easier reading.. although you miss the comment sections and they are some of the most fun...you can still get a good idea what's up!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to see those pics!

Jake Silver said...

I also just got back from a vacation and now I'm working on the subsequent blog post.