Monday, April 30, 2007

VACATION FROM MY VACATION


Not really, but it would have been nice. Someone told me once that you actually need 3 times the length of your vacation to really enjoy it. My vacation was 10 days and the saying is right. I prepped hard for a good 10 days prior to my vacation (stressful), I actually vacationed for 10 days, and I have been in a state of recovery ever since (more than 10 days!).

I have not completely bounced back into CR at the moment. I haven't even really had a good shopping trip to restock. I came home to a few CR staples; egg whites, almonds, yogurt. Now, most of those have run out and the other holes have not been filed either. I made a mad dash to the store one evening, but it was the store in my neighborhood that is packed full of processed, frozen trash and sugary sodas. I think I did pretty good though. I bought whole wheat bread, some canned tuna and white beans, sliced low fat deli turkey and a few pieces of fruit.

Last week I ate mostly sandwiches at lunch in the park with a piece of fruit and low cal egg white salad for breakfast. Dinner was usually a stir fry or simple soup. I know that my caloric intake has been decently low, but I have not been up to par on the ON part of things. I am not worried. At least I can see a change in my poor eating habits. I just need to some time to properly plan and get back on track.

The good news to this all;

I have been out of sorts and at home at lot less because I have met someone. I actually met her in March at a bar when out on the town with my friends that were visiting from NC. We chatted it up quite a bit and then met up again last weekend when I got back from my trip. That weekend was fabulous and so was the past. She lives in DC, so it's harder for us to see each other more often. The distance certainly sucks, but I know is healthy for me in the long term. I am sure you all have heard the lesbian joke....

"What do lesbian bring on a first date?"

A U HAUL!!!!

HA!

So life is good! Just gotta get the dog and the CR up to speed.

Okay enough posting. More later, going to read what everyone else is up to!

6 comments:

Deborah said...

Hah! Nice joke :)

Your food choices sound just fine to me...it is very stressful coming back from vacation..no one ever talks much about that..You'll get back to it.

Spring and thoughts of love:
Thought I'd quote you Tennyson..but I'll link it instead..it's such a lovely poem
http://rpo.library.utoronto.ca/poem/2161.html
See verses 18-19 for the famous quote, change as needed :)

;-D

cat said...

we should meet up if you ever come to dc to visit her!!

(i'm still here, still cr'ed... just lazy about blogging!)

cat

Deborah said...

Just wait until July so that I can meet with you too!!!!

Calyb said...

I am in DC now all the time. NO kidding. I went there this past weekend and am going this weekend as well. So yeah, let's meet up Cat, I think it would be fun. Deb, I am definitely coming to visit with you, just wait!

Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats!

There are a lot of old-skool members on the list who do their diets from canned foods and frozen, easily available stuff.. I can't remember who, but am sure someone here will know. Long story short, canned fish is your friend (but watch yr sodium)...

Ali said...

Hi Carolyn - nice to hear from you. Vacation really can take a toll on all of your living habits. I am still getting back in the swing of things since my trip in March. Such is life though. Good luck with your lady friend. =) ali