Friday, May 18, 2007

DAY NUMERO UNO

Okay so is this like take 3? Well I was slow to start, but today I really feel prepared to battle.

Here's what I have planned out for myself;

Breakfast (at home - shocker!):

1 cup Kashi Go Lean
1/2 cup Soy Milk

My plan was actually to get up and make a great veggie omelet, but sleep took priority this am.

Snack:

1/4 cup whole almonds
1/8 cup sunflower seeds
4 oz. no fat cottage cheese


Lunch:

215 grams turkey breast sauteed with
100 grams asparagus
tsp olive oil
soy sauce

Snack:

3 cups oil popped pop corn

Dinner:

It's not part of the nutritional data below, but will probably be a repeat of lunch or some baked tilapia that I have in the fridge. Possibly dinner out with friends, sushi, no rice!

Here's the crunch on things:

General (70%)

Calories 1135.1
Protein 91.8
Fat 51.1
Carbs 89.8
Fiber 22.9

*So here you can see that my fat is pretty high, but seems to be a lot of Omega-6. I need to back read some blogs and books and find out what's the best out come for the Omega-6,3 ratios.

Vitamins (73%)

A 64%
Folate 69%
B1 66%
B2 176%
B3 40%
B5 51%
B6 61%
B12 178%
C 49%
D 178%
E 77%
K 182%

*Still the B's that I have a problem with. I hate mushrooms!!! Although, the new girl in my life really likes them and I have eaten a few around her that were not so despicable. So, we shall see!

Minerals (90%)

Calcium 156%
Copper 161%
Iron 62%
Magnesium 109%
Manganese 177%
Phosphorus 170%
Potassium 37%
Selenium 136%
Sodium 180%
Zinc 99%

*Is Iron and Potassium that low something to be concerned about?

Lipids (51%)

Saturated 34%
Omega-3 36%
Omega-6 149%
Cholesterol 33%


As boring as this maybe for some people to read, I believe I have to post this daily. When I was doing this more regularly, I was more honest with myself and able to follow CR a bit more rigidly. You can easily see how the posting helps others. Look at how successful Robin is with her CR routine and look at her blog. She bares all.

Now, I have no shame in admitting that CR has helped me to loose extra pounds that I have packed on over the last couple of years. I really want to strictly adhere to my CR routine because by the end of the summer, I would like to have lost another 15 lbs. My trip home to NC is scheduled for the 2nd weekend in September and that's plenty of healthy time to loose the weight and feel great about it!

Okay all, have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend!

10 comments:

Jake Silver said...

I also did very well for the first day!!

Illiah said...

I know what you mean about posting every day. It helps me. I have the same problems, B5, potassium, and iron. I know there are some potassium rich foods, they just tend to be things I don't eat regularly enough. Like avacadoes and bananas, which don't last long enough in my house for me to eat more than once a week. Spinach and other green leafy things last longer in my house, and those do help the vitamin/iron counts.

Mizpah Matus said...

You'll want to boost up those omega 3's for sure. No more than a 4:1 ratio of 6 to 3 is the ideal.

But it's the long term balance that matters most so if you look at your monthly rather than daily intake you can evaluate it better that way.

If you had sushi for dinner it is probably perfect!

BrianK said...

As long as it doesn't ruin the meal for you, you might try sprinkling some rice bran and wheat germ on your morning Kashi. It'll up the caloric cost a bit, but goes a long way towards improving your B vitamins.

Deborah said...

I snack a bit more when I don't post..it's very funny actually.Oh, I can't post that!!!

Day 2?? how's it going? I'm all for your challenge..Keep up the good work!

:-D

Robin said...

Hi Carolyn,
You've been silent for a while so I'm just checking in. I hope you're doing ok.
R

April said...

Hi Carolyn,

Lauren tagged me, so I put up my eight random facts, so now I am tagging you. Put up eight random facts about you on your blog and then tag eight other people. A bit like a chain letter, but sounds like nothing bad happens if you choose not to participate.

a

Deborah said...

Yo Carolyn!!!

Send us some love

:-D

Arturo said...

Hi Carolyn
You've probably been tagged in this 8 random things about me meme, so here is one more. Cheers, Arturo

Mother Earth said...

I read recently that humans were actually designed for a 2:1 Omega-6:Omega-3 ratio! So this is why I eat so much ground flax, sardines, and salmon!! Actually, flax oil has the highest concentration of Omega-3s and if you eat salads at all, you could just put a tsp or two on the salad. I've never had it, but I'm sure it has a great nutty flavor!

And, I don't know, but I'm assuming you're using CRON-O-Meter, and I really believe the Potassium levels to be off in many foods. If you visit www.whfoods.com and look at potassium rich foods and then input them into the software, they don't match. I find it difficult to get into the 70% range of Potassium daily. So I've given up paying attention to it. I made my daily requirements for potassium lower in my program, too, so that it wouldn't annoy me seeing my potassium intake falsely low. :D

PS - I updated my postings today for the first time in months. I see you are also absent, but I won't be in NY for a whiiiile anymore! But we can still chat!! :D