Thursday, January 11, 2007

BITE THE BULLET

Man, I have been reading some really awesome blogs. People that really have their CR shit together and now I am feeling a bit of pressure, as I should. I have been watching what I am eating, calculating this and that, but I have not really been trying to maximize the amount of nutrition I am getting. I haven't been using my flax oil as much and haven't even begun to incorporate things like brewers yeast, etc...Into my daily diet. I feel sort of like a CR flunky.

But, I am still very new to this and a wee bit uneducated. I have some serious studying to do this weekend. Istanbulwitchy has posted several times about the down side to newbie's entering into the CR world and using too much canned and frozen meals to keep their calorie intake low and that being a bad thing. At first, I just thought, well that is a growing pain into CR. Now I know she is right. You can read some of the "older" CR followers and see their daily meal and nutritional post. There is a vast difference. I envy the "older" crew, but I am giving myself time to patiently learn the material as well and pat myself on the back for at least maintaining a low calorie diet in the hopes of gaining the nutritional information necessary to truly be CR.

Skinny Bitch; you really seem to have a handle on things. I am going to read a bit more through your blog especially this weekend for book and website references that may help me.

So, yesterday was not a great CR day for. I topped out at about 1400 calories. My original goal when I started was to maintain between 1200-1400 calories daily, but I had actually been eating around 1200 or just under. So, even though 1400 seems like a ton now to me, I know it is a substantial improvement from my pizza and Pepsi days!

Got some good news last night; new member of the family!!! I have been on a rescue waiting list for sometime now for a dog. Well this past weekend I found out about a litter than had been rescued and asked to adopt. Last night, I was approved!! So this Saturday I am going to pick my new baby! I am hoping for the runt! I love the runt! Any good name ideas?

Okay so life will become a bit more complicated with work, school, CR, and now puppy, but I am up for the challenge. Actually when I think about all these things in life, it's as if one by one all the things I have ever wanted in life, I am getting. It's been a wait, but it's always worth it!

Thanks again, CR groupies/support team! Happy Thursday to you all out there!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep your chin up - you're doing fine. It's easy to become totally overwhelmed if you let yourself. I mean, I've been sort of doing this for a year and I'm still learning and refining.

While it is absolutely best to eat fresh, the main thing is nutrition. As long as you pay attention to what you're taking in, you should be fine.

To me, getting overwhelmed or feeling like it's too much work is the potential downfall of many a CR pracitioner, including me. That's one of the reasons I had problems sticking too it last year (I was big time off-and-on with my CR, which explains my slow weight loss). If it seems too hard, it'll feel like your whole life is wrapped up in what you eat, and lets face it, there are so many other things in life that take time during our days. I have two kids, 1 year old and 2 years old, so I'm all about the Keep-It-Simple-Stupid principal. Right now I'm still totally motivated and psyched about everything, since I've started fresh and new with New Years, but I'm seriously trying to stay balanced, more than anything!

Amy

Anonymous said...

Hey Carolyn..I've joined the fray. See http://djhinva.blogspot.com/. I hope you don't mind if I've added your link to my page already. I guess I should have asked first. I just did it today and I don't think anyone's reading it yet... too new, so is it okay??

It is a nail biter putting it all out there for folks to see. Looking forward to the comments and critiques too. I'll take it all down if it freaks me out though. But I wont stop the CR, that's too important.

See ya in cyber land

D

Anonymous said...

Carolyn,
Cropped screen shots; .png or jpg format uploaded as an image. I'm use a MAC where this is a simple keyboard command.
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Dear Carolyn,
I wrote a really long repy and it got lost in cyberspce. Just to say that I am happy you like the sound of my meals and I might be coming to NYC late spring/summer this year since my friend is moving there and I used to live in Bed/Stuy area of Brooklyn, not the best part of town but it had it's perks and great hangouts too.
love,
z_aksoy@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

And I meant to say, which got lost in cyberspace in the other post, I think you're doing just fine regarding the CR, don't beat yourself up, little things will improve by themselves over time, believe me.

April said...

New puppy! How exciting!!!

You're doing great! You newbies are so much more advanced than I was when I was new! Hang in there girl, you're doing really well, and things will just keep getting better!

I am so excited about your new dog! I have cats, but I love dogs too. Do tell us what you name him or her!

a

Anonymous said...

Hi again, Carolyn! Hey, check out the nutrient facts on brewer's yeast:

http://www.lewis-labs.com/products/facts/BY-supplement-facts.htm

I've never even tasted it either, but the RDA's look great. If I have to pinch my nose and drink it as a shooter, I swear I don't care!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn, I've linked back to you now - thought I already had.

Looks to me like you're doing very well. And I totally agree about listening to the more experienced CR-ers. I learned most of what I know from reading through the archieves of April's and Mary's blogs.