Friday, January 12, 2007

THE CHEESE DISEASE



So today is Friday. The whole office is having pizza for lunch. So, I decided, why not? I had no previous calories. It's been overall a good week. I crunched the nutritional data into the COM and said, okay this is doable. One last good bye to gak food. One last savory bite of greezy cheese and tomato sauce. Heck, I will even eat a decent size salad first and that will help.

Well I started eating my one slice. At first I thought, this is yummy! Then the texture of the cheese and the taste started to seem a bit foreign to me. I started thinking that I didnt like pizza anymore. Needless to say, I finished my slice.

But now I feel like gak!

Let me give you a bit of history. I am a cheese fein. I love cheese. I eat cheese on everything, even ice cream (okay not ice cream, but it sounded convincing, right?). For years, not a meal has gone by that I have not had cheese in some form with it.

Until, CR. I havent had cheese in 2 weeks. I didnt really even think about not having it. I just ruled it out when I saw how many calories are in cheese. I didnt miss the cheese and god knows I will never miss it, now.

Thank you CR!

I have read time and time again that CR people do not miss the gak they once consumed. That CR people just don't crave it. Now I know why. When you try these things again, your body does not like it! As a matter of fact, I would say our body rejects these things. Our body's want good wholesome foods. Our body's crave good wholesome foods. FOR GOOD SAKE, GIVE YOUR BODY WHAT IT WANTS!!

In the mean time, I will just continue to feel miserable about my pizza gak attack!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carolyn - I totally feel your gak-related pains. Everytime I go overboard and eat too much junk I feel weirdly sick for a while. My "cure" is to suck down a whole bunch of water or tea. I am not sure why this works for me, but it definitely settles my stomach.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you learned something really good from a not-so-great situation.
Since starting CR, I've wanted junky stuff less often, too. It helps to be excited about all the many good things out there to eat - and there is so much variety! Cheese is nice, but veggis and such are definatly more versatile and nutritious. Hope you have a great weekend, Carolyn!

Anonymous said...

It's really amazing how the body adjusts. I have this really specific memory from about a year ago - I'd been eating very well, no sugar for a month or so. I had a really good salad for lunch, with absolutely perfectly ripe avocado. That avocado was one of the best things I'd ever eaten.

After lunch, my dad got an ice cream - mocha, my favorite. I had a bite, and it was just nothing, just bland and cold and didn't taste like much. I wanted to like it, but I didn't, not really.