Sunday, January 07, 2007

BYE BYE SUNDAY BLUES

Well regarless of how I feel, it is time to say good bye to the blues. Actually I ended up having a great day.

I just got over feeling that way and knew if I didnt force myself to, it would just be too distructive.

So....on to the upper west side I went. Walked through beautiful central park on a surprisingly beautiful day. Although I was not a lone, the walk made me feel great and that given the grey moments in the new future, I could easily come to the park alone and feel great!

After a walk through the "rambles" (basically a part of the park with not set path...just winding little foot paths that are easy to get lost in) my friend Isac and I headed to the Metropolitan Musuem of Art. We were a bit rushed as they were getting close to closing when we got there, but we were able to catch our favorite exihibits. Very peaceful experience. Just me a crowd of strangers and Jackson Pollock! (well his art anyways)

After that, a great walk all the way down the east side of the city. Not all the way, but darn close. Hopped a train back to the big BK. Got off on the wrong stop (on purpose) and enjoyed a nice long walk home.

Home now and a bit exhausted. My usual pattern of getting a bit drunk is to eat horribly the next day. Today I didnt. Actually didnt eat much, but what I ate was nutritious. My stomach has to heal a bit. Tomorrow I have planned a great little egg white and red pepper breakfast, my usual lunch of a healthy bowl of tomato soup and mega muffin (my multivitamin) and for dinner, probably a nice little tilapia and some roasted asparagus.

Skinnybitch (sorry only name I know to call you) wrote some nice stuff. Please see her comment on my Sunday Blues. Thanks so much for bringing some good up lifting words to my bleak blog. I appreciate it. 100% of what you said makes absolute sense. It's not something that I didnt already know, but always helps when people make you confront it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn,
I'm a CR newbie too (as of Nov 1) and of course I read everyone's blog regularly so I tuned into yours yesterday for the first time and ended up thinking about you (and your blues) all day. As a native New Yorker (no longer there) I truly felt for you. It's hard in a city of 8-9million to find your place, particularly if you've feel you've lost it after having it. And the only thing I could think of yesterday to tell you was to hit the streets (in a good way of course), and make your way to the Met. WelI, guess I was sending you the vibe cause lo and behold, there you ended up. I grew up in NYC but decided not to settle there cause it was a rat race (and I guess it still is) in the early 80's. Not what I wanted. But whenever I was visiting there I found myself solace and peace in the artful places. I would encourage you to explore them as much as you can. The beauty found in these old (Frick, Whitney, Met, Guggenheim) buildings (and new: MOMA etc.. (all their additions) can truly calm your spirit and infuse it with peace and beauty.

Sounds like your bad turned to really good and I'm happy for you.

Calyb said...

Hey Deborah!! Thanks so much for the words of wisdom. I appreciate everyone's support. You know how it is when you are feeling blue and you just want to scream. Well that's basically what I did Sunday morning when I woke up. Probably should have waited until after coffee and my walk to spill the beans. Anyhow, I did it. It's done. It's Monday morning. I have lost a total of 7 lbs!! So happy New Day!! Thanks so much for the support...email me sometime!

Anonymous said...

Aw, that sounds like such a great day! I love museums.
Thank you for your comments, fellow reader. I'm having a hard time with "Food Politics" but I'll give it another go later. "Fat Land" was really good. It may be time to get back into fiction for a while,though.

Al said...

It is not as bad as some may have it.

JOHNNY CASH LYRICS

"Sunday Morning Coming Down"

Well, I woke up Sunday morning
With no way to hold my head that didn't hurt.
And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad,
So I had one more for dessert.
Then I fumbled in my closet through my clothes
And found my cleanest dirty shirt.
Then I washed my face and combed my hair
And stumbled down the stairs to meet the day.

I'd smoked my mind the night before
With cigarettes and songs I'd been picking.
But I lit my first and watched a small kid
Playing with a can that he was kicking.
Then I walked across the street
And caught the Sunday smell of someone frying chicken.
And Lord, it took me back to something that I'd lost
Somewhere, somehow along the way.

On a Sunday morning sidewalk,
I'm wishing, Lord, that I was stoned.
'Cause there's something in a Sunday
That makes a body feel alone.
And there's nothing short a' dying
That's half as lonesome as the sound
Of the sleeping city sidewalk
And Sunday morning coming down.

In the park I saw a daddy
With a laughing little girl that he was swinging.
And I stopped beside a Sunday school
And listened to the songs they were singing.
Then I headed down the street,
And somewhere far away a lonely bell was ringing,
And it echoed through the canyon
Like the disappearing dreams of yesterday.

On a Sunday morning sidewalk,
I'm wishing, Lord, that I was stoned.
'Cause there's something in a Sunday
That makes a body feel alone.
And there's nothing short a' dying
That's half as lonesome as the sound
Of the sleeping city sidewalk
And Sunday morning coming down.