Sunday, January 14, 2007

THANK YOU CHICAGO CYCLIST

I can not say enough about the Chicago Cyclist (Cronology) blog. If you haven't checked it out, please do. There is a link to left.

Today's (or maybe it was Saturday's) post was exactly what I needed to read. When I do my daily log on and read what everyone has written, I am generally frustrated at the weekend post. My weekends are so different from most of the other CR people I read. I am not a "homebody" or in a relationship, so I spend most of my weekends out on the town, which inevitably leads to a bar or cocktails at a friends apartment.

I envy the people that are in relationships and stay home and cook delicious meals, read, watch TV or whatever else it is they do on their weekends. I just do not have the discipline. Seems like every Sunday I spend my day in a state of shame, desperately planning how the next week is going to be better and how next weekend, that's not going to happen.

This weekend was not actually all too bad. I stayed home and actually went to bed early on Friday. My cousin had a party at her mansion of a house on Saturday and went up to CT for that. It was fun, but I had quite a bit of wine and beer too. The worst part of it all was not the booze, but how my mind convinces me after the drinks I need a good solid meal. A non CR meal.

So obviously there is a pattern of improvement beginning. I have a lot to be thankful for this weekend. I finally got the rest of my furniture delivered and have begun "puppy proofing" the place. I have finally begun to hang my paintings and pictures. I guess I have procrastinated creating an environment that is comfortable. I believe that staying home and relaxing, practicing good CR is going to be a bit easier now. Not to mention the puppy responsibility will keep me in. I am really looking forward to that responsibility.

Like Chris (cronology) I have no data to share. No way was I going to try and figure out exactly how much wine I drank and then have to look at the numbers on my COM. No way. So we start from today. So far I have had lunch. A great soup that is now becoming one of my favorites and SO simple to make. I will have to post a recipe for it soon. I need to tweak it a bit. Maybe start adding brewers yeast or something to up the nutrition.

Ah, brewers yeast....that's why I am so pissed at myself. I was going to do some awesome CR research this weekend and start using tools like the yeast to make my nutritional info soar! Well the day is still young, so I will spend sometime today doing some research, cooking a soup and listen to some great jazz!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I finally tried the LL brewer's yeast, and it's not too bad! Please, don't try another brand, the one I had was just so nasty. I put the LL is some miso soup. It made kind of a sedement on the bottom, but it wasn't bad to drink even that part.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, and I'd love to see your soup recipe when you get the chance to post it. Recipes are always good.