Sunday, January 28, 2007

CRS SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER!

Okay so I do not think you can use the term fever to describe the CRS meeting last night, but it was fun. I guess depending on your definition of fun. Although, I was by far the youngest, coolest member present, I had fun. Please if anyone at the meeting reads the coolest part and gets offended, don't. I just have a really sarcastic sense of humor.

The meeting was great, really. I think some were expecting a bit larger crowd, but I believe the number of people was perfect, given the location and the fact that it was a simple discussion and not a formatted meeting. Mostly people talked about their personal CR challenges (blood pressure, supplements, etc....) and received feed back from the other's on how to over come these challenges. There was also some talk about fundraising and up coming projects, but nothing specific and no definite plans were made on how this particular group could participate.

I would love to see a bit larger crowd and something a bit more organized. Maybe as the group grows we can pick particular topics and have speakers and then open discussion. In my past I have belonged to several groups that were better organized like this and it helped to grow and strengthen the group.

I look forward to working with the "key" people that are currently organizing.

With that said; the weekend has gone well.

Yesterday (Saturday) I got up and did a small bit of cleaning and then headed to Chinatown to the infamous Pearl Paint to pickup my two HUGE pieces of unstretched canvas for my art projects. I took them to my warehouse and primed them. While I was there, did a bit of work and then headed home to prepare myself for the meeting. (Prepare means change from wholy paint jeans to slacks)

Went to the meeting

Came home and crashed!

You know I havent had an appetite at all for the last two days. I was feeling achy and started to think that maybe I was getting a bug, because my stomach was all queasy. Yesterday I had a simple soup for lunch and that was it. Until I got home, found some chocolate cake my roomie had and took a couple of bites. Then I realized what was going on because I NEVER crave chocolate! I think most of the girls have caught on by now.

Low and behold; this morning I was paid a visit from the period fairy! Jeesh! So that explains it. Still do not have much of an appetite, but I forced myself to down a black coffee and egg white burrito from my favorite cafe. Egg whites, veggies, and salsa. I pick it out of the wrap. Save those calories for later.

Now that the fairy has come, the loss of appetite will pass and all will go back to normal shortly. I headed out for some Trader Joe shopping now. Going to try some quorn! I know I said that before, but this time I am telling the truth.

Until later....

No comments: