Friday, January 26, 2007

SHUCKS!

So no trip to DC this weekend. Everyone bailed on me (after I already paid for the freakin hotel!). I thought about still going, but honestly it is cold as shit and I would love to go the CR meeting here in NYC on Saturday night. When I said yes to going to DC, I didnt even notice that I would then be missing the CR meetings, so maybe it's karma. Maybe some god or power is telling me I need to go to the CR meeting. There are all kinds of things to protest and I am sure I will have no trouble finding another rally somewhere closer to attend that will not interfere with my very first CR meeting!

So now the weekend plans look like this:

Friday night; crash! Not going out considering my late night on Weds. When I got home last night I had to clean up a bit and prepare for today's meals. I crashed about 10 pm, but could have slept a lot longer. Friday night is catch up night!

Saturday; get up EARLY! I have a trip I need to make to the library, need to visit my puppy (He's still with his mom. I will get him full time next week :)) Laundry. Need to work in my office at least 2 or 3 hours. CR meeting. Maybe a cocktail with the boyz after.

Sunday; Art! I have two pieces that have been lingering in the back of mind to create. I am not a real artist (in the trained since) but I like to dabble around with large pieces of canvas, big brushes and crazy paint and newspaper cut outs. Hey, it fills the walls of my apartment! You guys will appreciate them when I am famous! I also have a HUGE collection of punk record label stickers I would like to mount. I picked up this men at work sign (DOT) off the side of the road the other day and I think that will make a perfect backing for the stickers. (My landlord also appreciates me keeping the stickers off his fridge)

So there's the weekend wrap up. What is everyone else gonna be doing this weekend? Who if anyone that blogs is going to the CR meeting?

6 comments:

cat said...

if you ever do make it to dc, we should hang out!

cat said...

and i go to ny all the time!

Deborah said...

You would freeze your ever shrinking ptuee out on the mall this weekend anyway..so it really is CR Karma (Crama?) that you can stay put and join that group. What fun it will be to meet all Cr'ers (what does one call them..er us?) I'm envious.
Your art sounds great...don't forget to snap a couple of pics and upload them. I for one would love to see them. Who knows..someone might offer you the big bucks for one!?!

Have a good night off at home. It will be nice just getting cozy and relaxing.
D

Calyb said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Deb. I will be sure to upload some pics through out the weekend. I want to show some picks of my new dog....ARGGG Blogger work!

Al Nye said...

When you get to the CR convention, tell them about your blog. Too bad you don't have time to get this shirt to wear:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/generic/8f5d/

Blogito, Ergo Sum
"I Blog, Therefore I am"

Gotta love it!

Al

Schatze said...

You lucky city girl, you! I wish we had CR groups here.
Weekend plans: last night was rent-a-movie night. Today: cook. errands. watch the 2nd rented movie. Tomorrow: clean. go out to see a movie. It's a movie weekend! :)