Sunday, January 28, 2007

THE CRUNCH


Okay today was like this;

Egg White and Veggie Burritos, Black Coffee, Bottled Water c/o my favorite new Clinton Hill coffee shop.....Cafe Martino's.

Snack: 1/4 cup whole almonds

Dinner: Fabulous homemade jalapeno crab cake topped with salsa
1 whole sweet potato peel and all
225 grams steamed broccoli topped with flax oil


Dessert: 1 cup dannon light and fit


Crunch:

Calories 1209 81% (Aprils making go up to 1600 because apparently I am Amazon height)
Protein: 112 grams 90%
Carbs: 114 grams 88%
Fat: 46 grams 94%

Vitamins: 84% low on B1, Folate, B5, Vitamin D and K

Minerals: 92% low on Calcium, Iron and Potassium

So today is not a great day. I totally skipped lunch. I was out until that time and then came home, put away groceries and started painting. Next thing I knew it was 4 pm and I needed to pickup my laundry. That's when I downed the almonds. Now I am finishing dinner as I type.

I also decided to plan for tomorrow. Here's the run down:

Breakfast:

1 cup egg whites with mixed peppers, 2 tablespoons of salsa, 1 teaspoon of flax, 1 slice cheddar veggie fake cheese, and 1 flax tortilla from trader joes
1/4 cup almonds

Snack:

Yogurt with blueberries and 1/2 cup fiber one

Lunch:

HUGE kale and spinach salad with carrots, broiled chicken breast, flax oil and salsa!

Snack:

Mega Muffin with Mustard
2 Viactiv Calcium Chews

At this point I will be stuffed. Actually when I plan to eat a mega muffin in the after noon I usually have to force myself to do it. I dont feel uncomfortably full like I used to when it was pizza and soda, but full to the brim. I usually have a hard time fixing and wanting dinner. You know 1600 calories is hard. Where do you add the right things that are also going to give you the nutritional punch you are looking for. That I am still working on. For instance adding the tortilla in the morning. I used to not have it, but it helps me up my total daily calories by almost 140 cal.

Okay so Emily posted today about over estimating. I have been doing that too it seems. I just got in my food scale and 85 grams of kale is a lot of freaking KALE!! Same with my almonds. I used to just measure 1/4 cup, but when you go by grams, a 1/4 cup is less than 35 grams really. I was nervous at first and wanted to succeed, so I estimated way high on a lot of stuff, especially restaurant stuff (I will continue to do that). The food scale is great, but at the same time, I have no idea what I am going to do about just not being hungry. I can probably attribute the last few days of that to the whole period thing.

I am sure that no sooner than I type this my appetite will begin to explode and I will be craving some horrible or will not pack my lunch correctly and will end up ordering something not so great from some not so great restaurant. But honestly, if I can just stay away from the bars, CR has proven to be quite easy for me. Staying out of bars and locked up in my apartment, not easy! I have to maintain my social life, but find a way to not go over board and to still make good eating and drinking decisions.

Okay have a great Sunday night all....I am off to FINALLY watch .....Little Miss Sunshine!

5 comments:

Schatze said...

That's the movie B and I watched last night! OMG ILMFAO.

Deborah said...

Isn't that a fun movie? So dysfunctional, yet just hysterical.

Your meals sound great. I'll be posting later about the results of my mega muffin bash yesterday evening. Very interesting indeed. I'm eating mine in the afternoon too to stave off those terrible snack-grabbers when I get home after work.
Re: more good cals: I suppose you could add another tsp flax in the evening. You know I'm a brewers yeast fan..one serving (2 tablespoons) gives you another 116 cals, protein and lots of B-vitamins. Just a thought.

How tall ARE you??

D

Calyb said...

I am only 5'8"....so not really amazon, but I guess compared to some of the CR shorties (April) I could be considered tall.

Schatze said...

You lucky tallie! I'm 5'4 and heels are my friend.

Schatze said...

Carolyn, you crack me up!!!! :)
Yup, that sounds like a huge heavy-on-the-kale salad!
Thank you for your comment.
I'll have to try cooking it, otherwise it'll take forever to get through this bag...