Monday, January 29, 2007

END OF THE DAY


Okay so this is how my day has ended;

Breakfast: I ate most of my egg whites, the whole tortilla, the cheese, and salsa and flax oil

Snack: Almonds and yeah I ate em all

Lunch: I ate half my salad and all the chicken that was on the salad

Snack: 1/2 mega muffin and two calcium chews

I drank about 2 16 oz coffees (give or take the last couple cold ounces) I drink it completely free of any additives (ie; sugar and cream, etc..)

I also drank about 64 oz of bottled polland spring water

Skipped my other yogurt snack and I am not planning on dinner!

That's it. I have no real appetite for dinner. I actually came home and fixed something, but I am saving that for lunch tomorrow.

So my totals look like this;

Calories 937
protein 72
carb 64
fat 52 (the only accomplished goal!)
vitamins 86%
minerals 88%

Still low on basically the same vitamins and minerals from the previous post.

So what do I have to do? I think I need to start using brewer's yeast. I have talked about it many times before and have thus far just simply procrastinated. Maybe also start using more flax and olive oil, but isnt that just going to raise my fats? Okay I have to work on this not hungry thing. I think still it probably has a lot to do with the whole period (yuk) thing, but usually my curbed appetite doesnt last this long.

Any ideas are graciously welcomed.

Tomorrow's lunch is a bit more exciting, so maybe that will cause me to eat a bit more. Still egg whites on the table for breakfast. Almond, yogurt, and mega muffin snacks. Lunch will be this great stir fry I made tonight of chicken breast, asparagus, cauliflower, brocolli, soy nuts, a bit of oil and soy sauce. Smells like a dream!

5 comments:

Deborah said...

I think I'd probably pass out from that low a carb count..you're you are younger and more energenic then I am :).

Hey you have low days you have high days you have binge days. Look at everything over the seven and see how it evens out. That always makes me feel better!

Try some of your ideas..see how they feel

D

Deborah said...

sorry 'bout the typos up there..the blog didn't publish my corrections

April said...

If you can't eat 1600, go down a bit, but beware of giant calorie cycles. Take it from me... extremely low days just set you up to overeat when you go out, so if you ever plan to eat out (which is fine!) it's better to keep from going so low that you get ravenously hungry the next day.

There is definitely a bit of natural cycling, though, with various times of the month and weight loss.

a

Schatze said...

You also might want to look at the RDAs for sunflower seeds and sesame seeds. They have some really good things in them like thiamin, phosphorus, magnesium.
Sunflower seeds also have copper, and sesame has zinc.

HkGrace said...

Hi fellow New Yorker,
HOW did you find the low carb high protein tortillas at Trader Joe's? I went (Union Square of course) this afternoon and all I could find were some small ones that were low carb and 50 calories, but not a lot of protein or flax or anything. I asked a guy working there but he had no clue. And of course the store was completely mobbed. Sigh. At least my trip wasn't a complete bust, though-- I got 2 cartons of the Butterworks Farms yogurt at Whole Foods, 75 cal/cup.