Sunday, January 14, 2007

EAT THAT FROG

You heard me, EAT THAT FROG! I hear that frogs can be very nutrious actually. Simmered in some butter, sprinkled with brewer's yeast and chopped almonds. YUM!

Okay, not actually. EAT THAT FROG is the name of a book that I have been reading off and on. (Written by Brian Tracy) Cute little book full of inspiration and motivation. 21 great ways to stop procrastinating and get more done in less time is the books claim to fame. Often when feeling behind, I will pick up the book and read a couple of chapters and it helps me to organize the task (or Frog to be eaten) in front of me. Getting ready to read a few chapters now.

In my previous post I do not believe I quite got the point across that I was trying to. It's not that my envy is for those CR practioners that are involved and have steady home lives, it's mostly that I am disappointed in myself for not treating my apartment as a true home. I do envy the ability that people have to stay home and be comfortable. I moved into this new apartment back in early September and have just today begun to organize my books and hang pictures. The place is really feeling cozy now. My desk is organized and ready for action! Until today I have treated my apartment as a passage way between the days of the week. Just a place to "crash".

Today, the place is beautiful and cozy and I am quite proud of my accomplishments. Now I can start to make my list of FROGS to be eaten. Now I can enjoy time at my desk or in my chair reading and studying, posting better blogs, making great dinners, etc.... I just need to relax a bit and understand that life is a work in progress and Rome wasnt built in a day. Life isnt perfect, but life can be great!

I never got around to making my homemade soup today. I actually got called into my office and that took up a good chunk of my afternoon. However, I did pack a beautiful CR lunch for tomorrow.

One FROG I would really like to eat this week would be my COM. Seems like there is quite a bit of tweaking to be done there. I have read how other people have really customized theirs and I have just been operating it with it "as is". I am excited about doing that and if anyone has any advice on projections or how to determine this from that, whatever, please let me know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn,

I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to reply to you! I bookmarked the wrong thingy for your blog (can you tell I'm completely computer challenged?) and I just now saw a bunch of your recent posts that I somehow missed the last zillion times I tried to check your blog.

Anyway, I feel like laughing every time someone refers to me as if I'm some sort of CRON authority. I've only been at this for 7 months and for the first 3 months, I didn't even call what I was doing "caloric restriction." I still have so much more to learn. So don't be intimidated by me and my RDAs. I'm pretty new to this whole thing myself.

You're doing great! As far as I can tell, all the newbies are doing really well. What a fantastic group of people! I really hope you all show up at the next CR Society conference so I can meet you.

Speaking of which...does anyone know when and where the next conference will be?

Anonymous said...

I believe I read on the CR list that they're thinking about San Antonio this fall. Sounds like fun to me. I hope I have enough money to afford to go (and can stand to be away from my kids for a couple days!)

Calyb said...

ROAD TRIP!