Wednesday, January 31, 2007

OH BLOGGER!

So, how was every one's CR Weds? I had off of work today to deal with my school BS. I actually ended up staying home most of the day and working from home. No rest for the workers!

I had a decent CR day. Nothing really overly nutritious. I did stay under my 1600 calorie mark, but was not doing any planned eating. More like snacking. I even had pop corn and a small glass of sprite. So again, nothing really nutritious about today, but at least I didnt eat like 1 million calories.

Thawing out some chicken breast now that I will broil for tomorrows lunch. I am thinking salad with avocado, chicken, salsa, maybe some roasted corn. I havent started crunching any numbers as of yet, but I will let the CR world know tomorrow how everything turns out. Breakfast, the obvious usual; egg whites, salsa, almonds, etc...

So something to look forward to; Emily (her blog link is to the left) is coming into town. Can't wait to meet another CR buddy face to face. We have plans for the 8th.

Other happenings to come;

Friends Apartment Fire benefit Thursday night @ Maggie Browns (cool little neighborhood cafe and bar)

Pabst (my new pup) is coming home for the first time Saturday night!

Next Saturday my BFF's birthday bash. We are having at a local bar where a good friend bar tends. I am "catering". I will probably do some homemade hummus, veggies and fruit trays, and probably wings (for the boys).

SUPERBOWL SUNDAY!! (and may I say, I hate football!) At my friend Dre's place. I will be cooking and he will mixing the cocktails.

I have some serious CR challenges ahead of me. I like that I get to be the cook though, because I can plan my CR lifestyle around the fun and no one will notice a thing!

So what's everyone doing for the SUPERBOWL? Any sports fans out there?

11 comments:

Deborah said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing day. I can't wait to hear your puppy stories. Get ready for 24/7 schedule for a little while (hate to say it) Great name too!!

We've got friends coming over for the super bowl and then we just got asked out for Saturday night, dinner, maybe movie.. non-CR people, so I'll have to take care not eat too much in the next few days.

Add my link whenever you'd like. Much appreciate all your comments.

Take care,
D

Schatze said...

I am having a major identity crisis concerning the Superbowl: for the first 22 years of my life, I lived in northwest indiana - a tiny town called Chesterton - about 1 hour east of chicago (Da Bears!) and now I live 1 hour south of indy. Crazy! Who to root for? Good luck with CR this weekend - I'm sure you'll do just fine!

Calyb said...

Well I do not own a tv and rarely pick up the sports section, so I have no idea who is doing what this year. I do not even know who is going to the Superbowl. Just not a fan of the game, but a fan of the party. I will br rooting for whoever everyone else is rooting for, so I don't get kicked!

Al Nye said...

I'm a BIG New England Patriots fan and would have been all over the Super Bowl had the Pats not lost to the Colts. As it stands now though, I can't see how the Bears can win ....

I predict a big day for the Colts.

Al

Deborah said...

Carolyn, You are too funny. I'm not a fan of the game either...but I'm married so I stay interested to keep the peace..now if it were the world series..that would be a totally different conversation.

I love watching the game though cause I am a HUGE fan of the advertising. I've taped just the ads on occasion and then brought them in for "arm-chair quarterbacking" the next day at my agency. What a hoot!

Colts vs Bears, who knows. Prince at half-time though..now that should be pretty interesting.

D

Robin said...

I couldn't care less about the Super Bowl this year. (Al, my husband is like you. He was devastated that the Patriots didn't make it this year.) However, our neighbors have invited us over for a Super Bowl party so I guess that's where we'll be. It'll be the first time I've watched tv in months. Gak everywhere, I'm sure, but I feel pretty confident I'll be able to avoid it. I'll be too busy chasing our toddler all over the house making sure she doesn't attack their ancient cat or break their knick-knacks.

Calyb said...

Man...you mean Prince is still around and he is no longer formerly known as...you guys remember that phase right? Wow! I guess the Superbowl was a good topic and yeah Robin, I am with you; BRING ON THE WORLD SERIES. Hey maybe we can plan a CR World Series get together...or maybe not!

Jake Silver said...

I'm wondering about Superbowl Sunday myself. It's so hard to watch the calories on those kind of days.

Deborah said...

Well, Carolyn if you are rooting for a NY team I'm afraid we will be on opposite sides for a World Series. I was born and bred in the Bronx of all places..but my team alliance lies elsewhere.
We can square off about that later.
Have a great time this weekend no matter what and stay true to yourself and your cause!!

D

Robin said...

Oh dear...
If there are any Yankees fans here...well, perhaps it's best not to discuss sports. I'm a diehard Red Sox fan.

Deborah said...

OMG I AM SO STOKED YOU GUYS ARE BOTH RED SOX FANS!?!?!?!?!?!?


Yes I'm yelling I realize that but I must have edited and redited what I wrote fearing the worst...HAHAHAHHAHAHAHH

Woohoo..now we can really and truly be friends. I'm teasing here of course. My husband and I met and dated while we were living in Boston. He had season tickets. Early on in our relationship he took me to a Red Sox/Yankees game. Not knowing me very well, yet (and of course assuming the worst because I grew up in the Bronx) he had quite a few misgivings about bringing me or even whether we could continue to have a relationship if I was a Yankee fan. Of course I assured him that I wasn't (never was in fact) & not to worry. Isn't that funny?
You think the discussion about extreme CR is crazy over on April's blog?...just get a Yankee fan and a Red Sox fan in the same room. oh boy! Food will fly.

I am so smiling right now :)