Tuesday, January 23, 2007

HELP?!?!

Okay here is my plan for tomorrow....Obviously posting because I want some feed back. I know I am getting the hang of this, but feedback is awesome. After all that is why we blog, right??

Meal Plan:

Breakfast:

1 cup egg whites with roasted corn and green pea mixture I made. Teaspoon of flax oil. Tablespoon of salsa.

Snacks (through out the day in no order):

1/4 cup of almonds
Dannon Light and Fit yogurt (plain)
Mega Muffin

Lunch: Faithful Cabbage Soup

Dinner: Turkey cutlets with cooked spinach (flax oil) and boiled green peas

Here's the nutritional crunch:


calories: 1519 (Aprils up suggestion)
fat: 36%
protein: 32%
carbs: 31%

Okay so low on carbs, but from what I understand not a bad thing, but maybe high in fat? Here is the fat break down;

Omega 3: 708%
Omega 6: 73%
Saturated: 40%
Cholesterol: 46%

So the fat is high, but it's the good fat, right? or no?

Here is the vitamins and mineral in general:

Vitamins: 99%
Minerals: 98%

Forgot to add earlier that I am adding 2 calcium chews per day. That is the only "supplement".

So not too bad, but here are the details;

B12 is low at 83%
Iron 91%
Potassium 86%

Everything else is high, but not too high (not in the red!)

What is close to being in the RED is Sodium, Vitamin A and Vitamin K.

So can anyone sum this up for. I see where I am lacking and have played with this quite a bit trying to get things to even out. I do not think I am that far off, but would love to know if anyone here sees anything to get worried about or any easy "fix it's".

Thanks so much again for everyone's support!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carolyn..Looks awesome to me. You've got so much figured out. Your vitamins are coming from natural sources which seems to me to be a good thing. I won't presume to comment..since I don't have enough of the CRON experience. I will say, that from my own experience..in the mornings I need to add the Trader Joe's low-carb tortilla to that egg white mixture. From what I understand, our glucose is pretty depleted in the morning and for brain power alone..a few more carbs early on will not hurt. Just a thought. Everyday is a little experiment which makes it so interesting.

D

Anonymous said...

Looks great to me! I suggest eating some of your snack almonds with the yogurt, because I find light&fit is mostly carbs, and the fat from the almonds will keep you full for longer.

31% fat is DEFINITELY not too much fat - I understand that 30% is about the minimum! I personally feel better on even higher fat.

Don't worry about super high vitamin K - I've been assured that it won't hurt you. Take a look at A in the cronometer. If it's coming from beta carotene, it's from veggies and it's totally fine; high beta carotene is why MR is slightly orange. It is very bad to get too much retinol, but that's from animal sources - and I can see from your food that you don't have too much retinol.

Calyb said...

Hey girls! Thanks for taking a look. Sometimes I feel like I know what I am doing, or do I? So your reassurance helps!

April said...

They're right.

I think that either brewers yeast or mushrooms will fix your B12 problem, but I'd have to plug it into the software to be sure which does what B vitamins.

I end up getting some potassium from my Half-Salt, which is cut with potassium chloride.

Good job! Thanks for adding some calories... now I can sleep at night. :) You are much taller than I am, and therefore will always need to eat more.

a