Tuesday, January 23, 2007

QUORN?

Nope! Didn't stop tonight and pick it up. I was in a mad rush to get home and listen to old Georgie's "state of the union". I am super stoked about going tomorrow and pick some up.

So I had a bit of a "chat" with April today about my CR goals. She thinks I need to be shooting for 1600 calories per day as opposed to my 1200, because of my height. She is right, I know. Also I know my numbers are not 100% because I have not been weighing everything, but measuring in cups and ounces. I know I am surpassing my 1200 calorie quota already.

As sad as it maybe that I will soon have to weigh and up to 1600 a day, I will. When you start CR and you are a bit heavy, and like Chris (cronology) says, waiting for that slender, beautiful body to merge, it's easy to set your calorie goals too low. For a minute you think, fuck longevity, I wanna be skinny and I wanna be skinny NOW!

But that is not why we do CR, is it? I honestly would love to loose the weight and regain confidence and self esteem. However, I know that to truly do that, a lifetime of healthy living is needed. Otherwise, why not just start a cocaine addiction or some stupid fad diet pill?

I have impressed myself with what I have learned and it shows. People around me that were very skeptical of this whole "restriction" word, now are very supportive of me. They see my cheeks slimming, my moods stabilize, my mind focus, and most important, my dedication. My coworkers are impressed that I show up daily to work with my complete breakfast, lunch and snacks packed, planned out and most importantly, that I do not deviate.

CR is great! In so many ways. It's so early for me, but I am so excited (singing from the mountain top, excited) about the future. I can not wait to go home in April to visit my family and to have them notice the difference in me as well. I can't wait to start school and know that my mind is sharp and focused. I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait!

But I will........

Until then, good night CR cronies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- congratulations Carolyn! It's nice to hear that you're doing so well with your CRON practice. You're an inspiration and support. :-)

Calyb said...

HEY THANKS, HAZEL!!