Tuesday, January 23, 2007

REBUTTAL

Okay why does it make more sense to freely eat processed foods (gak), heavy creams, delicately fatty desserts, etc and have to exercise like a work horse to maintain "optimal weight", then it does to follow a CR diet? It just seems easier to be well informed about the foods you eat (not obsessive as some proclaim CR is). Makes more sense to go back to nature and adopt the eating habbits of our ancestors. Makes more sense to relax with a glass of wine (knowing it's only 150 calories and easily fits into your CR's day) then it does to sweat your but off for hours upon hours per week on the treadmill.

Now, I do not down exercise at all. I love walking, biking, swimming, yoga, etc. But I find that most people's alternative to CR is exercise. We are a society that is obsessed with gym memberships, exercise machines and videos, and McDonalds. Make sense?

To each their own!

"I am one stomach virus away from my goal weight."

-Emily (The Devil Wears Prada)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to be one of those people that exercised and very much enjoyed eating whatever I wanted. In training for marathons, I'd run 50 - 60 miles a week and could eat junk food by the shopping cart load and not gain weight. It was great.

Then I started getting older and running wasn't as easy as it use to be.

Then a knee gave out and I had to get it scoped.

Then I had problems with one of my heals.

Two years later my other knee gave out and had to have that one done too.

Last year I had back and spine problems that prevented me from running for a few months.

Guess what? Exercising moderately and eating less is way, way easier.

Al

www.alnyethelawyerguy.com