Thursday, January 04, 2007

SKINNY JEANS

So just before Xmas I tried to put on a pair of jeans that I swing in and out of. Meaning....most days they do not fit and periodically they do. They used to be one of my favorite pairs. Of course on that day they didnt fit. I mean I felt like there were miles between the button and the button hole. You can imagine how fatty fat butt I felt

Well this morning because of a lack of clean laundry, I tried putting them on again. Let's just see what happens. I knew I was just setting myself up for some bad vibes again (especially after my bar binge last night).

As I stepped into them, I could almost feel myself start to sweat with anxiety about whether they were going to make it. Absolute fear that I just might have to go to work naked or in dirty jeans! (YAK!)

GUESS WHAT?!?! Those stupid jeans fit!!!! Thank God. Already feeling a bit hung over, the last thing I needed was added fat stress.

I remember reading in someone's CR blog that the first few days of CR could make you a couple of pounds lighter. Something about some organ that stored something like 2 lbs of fat or fluid that would go away quickly by restricting your calorie intake. So I guess it is true.

Hey something else;

I am awaiting some test results. Just before I left NC to come back home after Christmas, I went to my old doc and had some blood drawn. I guess I need to call them, because I should have heard from them by now.

I want to post that info, as well as my height, weight, width...blah, blah in a chart form and try to do another test in a few months. If anyone has any thoughts on how often you should test your blood, let me know.

Until next time.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn,

Congratulations on getting started with CR!

I've been practicing CR for 7 months and so far, I've dropped 42 pounds. I've also hopped on the blogging bandwagon. Here's my link:
http://crskinny.blogspot.com/

Looking at the numbers you posted in an earlier entry, the most important point I would make is that you really need to make sure you get *a lot* of vitamin D if you want to keep your bones healthy. Calcium alone won't do it. Also, most CR folks end up a little low on B vitamins, but you can take a B complex vitamin to remedy that. Still, try not to rely too heavily on supplements. Most of your nutrition should be coming from real food.

1200 calories per day sounds pretty low for someone just starting CR. Of course, I have no idea what size you are right now, nor do I know how many calories you need to maintain your setpoint. 1200 could be fine, depending on those variables.

Whatever you do, remember you don't want to lose the weight too fast. (Studies show that CR'ed animals that lose weight too quickly actually lose many of the health benefits of CR). I think the ideal is to lose no more than about a pound a week. (I still worry I may have been losing weight too quickly in my early days of CR).

Anyway, good luck with all your New Year's goals!

Anonymous said...

Yea! for skinny jeans. I had a similar experience over the holiday and it makes a girl feel darn good!

Anonymous said...

yup, it's true about the losing 2-5 pounds of fluid right away. I think it's your liver that stores glucose, and each gram of glucose has 7g of water with it. When you undereat, your body is forced to use the glucose, so it releases the water as well.