Friday, January 05, 2007

So yesterday wasnt a bad CR day , but not a great one. I ate around my calorie range, but I am pretty sure the day as a whole was not THAT nutrious. However, I did supplement. I keep reading that even though supplements are good, it's best to get your vitamins and minerals from food. Makes perfect sense.

I left my office around 6:30 and at that point was at about 1000 calories. Didnt really leave much room for a great dinner, but honestly I was stuffed. I made a great tofu chili when I got home around 7:30, but just wasnt hungry at the time, so I packed it away for today's lunch. It is like 270 calories per serving, so a hearty lunch and today I will minus the snacks because I have already had a pretty hearty breakfast.

I have been low on protein, so I am trying to cut some of the fruit, veggie, yogurt snacks and have meals that are more balanced all the way around. Of course I will have my daily mega muffin. Those mega muffins are supplements, just way tastier and filling! YUM!

I woke up feeling stiff today. Probably not diet related, but a horrible stomach flu has been going around my office. I am praying that I do not get it! I hate being sick. So, I beefed up my Vitamin C today and have sanitized my key board, phone, desk, etc....FLU BUG, BE GONE!!

This weekend...skiing? I have no idea what is on my agenda, but I actually feel a relaxing weekend at home sounds more like it. I have been dying to go skiing, but just havent had the time. This weekend is open, but geesh with the holiday's and all that, maybe it should wait. I have some reading to catch up on. Some cleaning to catch up on. Some sleep to catch up on....maybe even a movie! Okay, decision made: Staying in Brooklyn!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn,

It's so nice to connect with other CR newbies! It sounds like you're off to a good start.

How did you decide how much to restrict your calories? Personally, I found it very hard in the beginning to figure out what my target calorie level should be. I originally set mine for somewhere around 1100 but I eventually had to adjust upward to avoid losing weight too quickly.

I'm 5'2 and right now I weigh 106 pounds (43 pounds less than when I started). I'm eating 1400 calories a day and I'm *still* losing a pound every week or two. Based on how much I can eat now and still lose weight, I'm guessing I was probably much too restricted in the beginning.

The trouble is that when you're first starting out, there's no easy way to decide how many calories you should be getting. Everyone is different so you can't base your target calorie level on what anyone else is doing. You have to just kind of figure it out for your own body, which has its own unique metabolism.

Anyway, my point is it's important to weigh yourself often to make sure you aren't overdoing it. If you find you *are* losing weight too quickly (more than a pound or two a week) don't be afraid to add some more nutrient-packed foods back into your diet. The actual number of calories in and of itself doesn't matter so much at this stage. What matters is that you're losing the weight slowly and steadily.

I hope you manage to avoid getting sick. Take care and have a nice, relaxing weekend at home!

April said...

Hi Carolyn!

Love your blog! Looking forward to following your progress!

Be well,
april