Friday, January 19, 2007

TGIF

So thank goodness it is Friday. Even with the holiday (which I didnt take off) this has really felt like a very long week for me. But you know, my week has not been typical either, so that may be why it has felt a bit drug out.

On a normal week (pre CR) I would go out at least 3-4 nights a week with friends. Dinner, drinks at the bar, chatting, playing poker, whatever. This week I have been a bit of a home body and have spent most nights reading, setting up shelving unit in the apartment, blah.

Until....last night. I have to say CR brings on a lot of changes I would not have necessarily expected or was prepared for. I left my office around 6:30 pm and headed down to the local "spot" to have a drink with a friend. I met up with the guy that I adopting my dog from, bought some cool punk stickers from a DJ and had two drinks. I went to leave and my guy friends beg for one last round. So, I suckered in and stayed.

Well, that one last round really did me in. Now, I am the girl that normally drinks the boys under the table and holds their heads while they puke. Having 3 drinks is child's play. Last night, things were different. WAY DIFFERENT.

After drink number 3, I slipped out. On the way home stopped and picked up some dinner. Not the best CR dinner (hot and sour soup..ssshhhh don't tell!). I hopped a cab home and knew I was wasted. WASTED! Like I havent been in a long time. I ate my soup. Stumbled around the house a bit trying to tiddy up and prepare for the next day and crawled into bed.

The bed was spinning! I was getting sick! What the heck?!?!

I remember reading a while back an early blog of April's were she noticed she had become quite the light weight, too. I guess that's me now. The good news; way cheaper bar tabs!

I guess it's a good thing I tossed up my dinner last night, seeing as how it was by far NOT the perfect CR meal. Today, my stomach is still feeling a bit crazy, so I am taking it easy. Just water this morning and cereal for breakfast (when I feel like I can eat again).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to membership in the CDC (Cheap Date Club) I hope you are feeling better very soon. How 'bout a Virgin Bloody Mary? Get some good minerals in.

Take care and hope you feel better soon

D

April said...

Yup. Did I ever tell you the story about the time I threw up an arugula salad and two cosmos on a train? Let's just say it wasn't pretty. Once you start eating fewer calories, you lose your tolerence.

As they say, "Designated driver take the keys to my truck..."

We just can't drink like we used to!

a

Anonymous said...

Yup, I'm with you on the oh-my-god-where-did-my-tolerance go??

I actually find it has the most to do with the amount I've eaten that day. If I eat light, 2 drinks is plenty, and if I eat more, I can still have a few more.

I actually had my only blackout experience due to maybe 5 drinks on an empty stomach - whereas a few years ago, 5 drinks would get me drunk, but not that drunk.

These days, one drink gets me tipsy, and I usually stop at two, which is definitely quite tipsy.

It saves the budget and calories, though - so I like being a lightweight. The trick is to drink slowly, however - drink one glass of wine or whatever while your friends have two. Or alternate with water or diet soda or something.

Anonymous said...

I think you bring up a good point about how CR changes your social life. Part of me likes how I stay at home more because I feel like I'm a bit more centered and relaxed. But part of me worries because I don't like turning down too many opportunities to go out with friends and have a good time (which, let's be honest, usually involves ordering at least one drink). I mean, we're in our 20s and living in New York-- we're not old yet! (And hopefully we won't be old for a long time, right?) I know that the rational answer is to say that you can go out 2x per week and have 1-2 drinks each time. But, when you add those empty calories into COMeter... even these amounts seem excessive. Also, as you said, just 2x per week still means a lot of missed events!

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know what happened to Istanbulwitchy's blog? I'd been an avid reader and as of around January 11th it was gone.

Thanks in advance,
Erik France, Detroit