Thursday, January 18, 2007

TODAY'S FORECAST

Okay so it's cold. A bit warmer than yesterday, but still cold. Yesterday I pulled out the dreaded long johns. Obviously have not worn these in the last year (and it was within the last year that I had gained my weight) so I was extremely apprehensive about wearing them again. I knew these dang long johns were going to be tight and restricting and would totally ruin my new found glory in my "skinny jeans".

However, when I slipped them on, they fit great, pants over top and all. I know not better than last year, but I started to think maybe. I was really pleased. Over all please with how everything is going in my CR life now.

Since everyone else is posting CR success numbers, I thought I would add mine as well.

January 1st weight: 210 lbs

January 10th weight: 206 lbs

January 17th weight: 202 lbs

Too fast? Maybe. But I know that when you start restricting your calories, you can loose a good 2-5 lbs quickly and safely just from the gluclose that your liver (?) stores. Okay I don't know that for a fact, but that is what I have heard around the CR world.

So, I feel like I am doing this safely. I actually have to sometimes force myself to eat what I have planned out for the day. I never feel light headed or hungry really. Okay maybe sometimes hungry, but like what a lot of other CR people claim; the good hungry. Right before a meal. Normal hungry. The hunger most American's do not experience from day to day. I love not feeling bloated and completely stuffed beyond stuffed after every meal. Remember those days when you ate pizza or pasta or mounds of potatoes, breads, cakes, cookies? Remember how we could stuff ourselves with them and feel absolutely full by the end and then those things would just continue to grow in our belly's. Remember that miserable feeling? I am so thankful not to feel that any longer.

Oh now I am sure there are days to come where that will happen again. However, at least I am learning the techniques that steer me away from that and into a happier, healthier lifestyle.

I used to walk to and from work sometimes. Since starting CR, I have forced myself to do it daily. Cold wind, WALK. Raining, WALK! Tired, WALK! Whatever the environment is around me, no matter how I feel I make myself WALK! Now, my dreaded measly 1 mile walk has become child's play. Nothing more than a quick stroll to and fro. I need more now. So my goal this week is to avoid the elevator. I am on the fifth floor of a warehouse and will no longer use the elevator to get to my office. Let's see if stair climbing gets any easier after a week or two. Also going to try some yoga!

Okay so here is how today looks;

Breakfast: Egg Whites with FF cheddar and salsa

Snack: Mega Muffin

Lunch: Spinach Salad with broccoli, peppers, red onion, carrots, and Low Calorie French Dressing. (I probably should have made my own, but pinched for time)

Small serving of my cabbage soup

Snack: Dannon Light and Fit Reduced Calorie Yogurt

Dinner: ???? Salad or Egg White Omelet Probably

Now here's the crunch:

Calories: 837.2
Protein: 70.8
Fat: 25.6
Carbs: 88.2
Fiber: 21.5


Vitamins: 93%
Minerals: 80%
Lipids: 36%

(Not listing them all...This post is long enough already)

I have adjusted my DRI's RDA's, whatever the right term is and I am having a much better time meeting my requirements, but I have also incorporated more green leafy veggies, so between the two changes, I am feel much more confident about what I am doing.

Based on my goals, I still need to get my protein up. Fat and Carbs are doing okay, so I guess that means for freakin EGG WHITES. I have finally research brewer's yeast enough to know that it is a great source of protein. I am just nervous about how to use it. In what foods, puffs or flakes, blah, blah. So, any advice out there? I am all ears!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your salad sounds great!

Do you eat meat? If so, chicken (or turkey) is another good source of protein - I mean, I love eggwhites, but one egg-white-based meal per day is generally all I can manage.

Anonymous said...

Carolyn,
You've lost an amazing amount of weight! Congratulations!

As for protein sources, how about Quorn? Tasty, versatile, yummy - what's not to love?

Anonymous said...

Good job Carolyn!
One word about being hungry - I've noticed lately that I'm still a little bit hungry right *after* a meal, but after waiting it out for a little while, I kind of get full.
Our bodies are amazing and wonderful...and sometimes weird.
Congratulations! -Christina