Tuesday, February 20, 2007

CABINET NAZI'S

What in the world possessed me to purchase Starburst Jelly Beans? Was it the smell of spring and Easter just around the corner? Hell NO! They call it a sugar craving!

So, like, I was doing really awesome today at work. You wanna know why? Because I ate all the chocolate the day before and after digestion, it's hard for it to continue to call my name. Today I went to work loaded with a great CR plan and followed it to a T. Went to my 7 o clock meeting. Had some coffee. Came home, cleaned the dog kennel and all my room mates dishes (again?) and proceeded to make a great little dinner; egg whites, some chicken breast, and the black bean and corn mixture.

Finally around 10 pm I was able to nestle down for some rest and watch a bit of tube. Well the freak Starburst Jelly Beans started calling my name like the devil in the kitchen cabinet. And of course, I checked the label, measured some out and went about my business. Apparently 1/4 cup was not enough for these cabinet trolls, because they kept right on calling back for more and then a bit more again!

I give up! I have cleaned out my cabinet of all junk. No more Oreo's, jelly beans, Raisinettes, but I had to keep the Peanut Butter as it doesn't belong to me, but my dog.

So, I am cleaned out. That's it. Donated, trashed, just freakin gone! If they don't live in your cabinets, they can't talk to you.

THE END

4 comments:

Amy said...

Wise move with the cabinet cleaning. I just threw out some tortilla chips last night that beckoned me at 11:30 pm after I got up to pee. I did eat some (with salsa) before throwing out the bag, but I'm not too freaked about that - just happy the rest are gone. They were also an impulse buy earlier this week when I was hungry at the grocery - never a good idea.

Amy

catlady said...

Carolyn--I know NOTHING about this C.R. diet but I can tell you that it is very common to crave sugar when you stop drinking. You might want to lighten up on yourself until you get the alcohol cravings under control then get back on track with C.R. I know when I try to do two things at once I usually fail at both!

Deborah said...

oh yeah..that chocolate ice cream from the other evening is still singing to me...I will survive it though somehow..yes..good move on the cabinet cleaning..I try..oh how I try, but kids and hubby resist to much.

Try shopping on a full stomach next time..it really makes a difference with those impulse buys! Thinkof the money you'll save :)

I noticed Catlady's comments and I would agree totally. The alcohol is (was :) sugar in your system..and so your body is looking for it wherever it can find it. Eventually it will be reduced as you get farther from the day you stopped drinking. It just takes some time. While giving that the time..if you up your greens..you'll cleanse faster. One thing at a time my friend.

D

Emi at Project Swatch said...

There are definitely foods I prefer not to have in the house. It's effortless for me to avoid buying, say, my favorite kind of junky cereal, but incredibly difficult for me to resist it if I own it!