Wednesday, February 21, 2007

JELLY BEAN UPDATE:

Those little bastard ass jelly beans won, but the didnt totally beat me down. I ate the equivalent to about 350 calories. I was just sort of picking out the flavors I preferred and didnt really measure, so I had to measure what was left to get those numbers.

All in all, still not a bad day yesterday. I topped out at 1835 calories. I do not have the nutritional crunch because it's on my laptop and I didnt bring it to work. I guess I could have waited to post, but wanted to go ahead (first because I am bored at work) to answer the comments from my last post.

Cat Lady and Deb are right by saying that sugar cravings are normal when quitting drinking. I feel like I am not trying too push myself to far with too many restrictions too fast, but at the same time I do not want to adopt the "aw fuck it" attitude and use my not drinking as a crutch. I am really not being hard on myself about my caloric intake, just observing, being aware and making changes here and there that will fulfill my cravings and provide me with decent nutrition and a calorie level that will maintain, maybe loose, but certainly NOT gain any weight.

The old me would be downing cokes, mountain dews, eating pizza, ice cream and just saying "aw fuck it" (thanks to chris for the saying). The new me wants not only to heal myself spiritually and emotionally, but also physically through maintaining a decent diet and exercise routine.

When things calm down a bit, I will start really diving into CR!

By the way; sardine sandwich is a hit! I actually love them too now. My boss was starving earlier and asked if I had something for him to snack on. I offered up half the sandwich, thinking he would say "HELL NO!", but he ate and LOVED it too!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

NO!! Not the Sardines again..I'm going to have to leave the room.er..blog.

Carolyn, I think you've got your head in the right place. Just stick with and you will go far!!!

Make sure you've gotten rid of that nasty little bag of beans outta there...oh hey..here's a fairly non-processed good sweet for you to try. TJ's has date rolls. They are like almonds..rolled in a date mash (sounds weird but it's so tasty) and then that is rolled in coconut flakes (from what I remember) I don't dare buy them these days, way too tempting..but I used to quite a bit. I have seen these in the refrigerated section where they have all the hummus and guac..usually up on the top row (at least in my TJ's and I assume they are probably all organized similarly.) Let me know what you think.

I'm heading to TJ's this Sunday...got to make a BIG list. Yummmmmm.

D

Anonymous said...

Awe... I was having a bad day... but reading this post made me feel much better. Your little 350 cal jelly bean session seems so harmless and cute (in comparison with my 3500cal chocolate one...) and to read that you love sardine sandwiches- and that your boss loved your sandwich too... my eyes are getting misty... :-)

You sound like you had a good day. I'm happy for you. Good luck tomorrow. ♥

Emi at Project Swatch said...

I am really not being hard on myself about my caloric intake, just observing, being aware and making changes here and there that will fulfill my cravings and provide me with decent nutrition

That sounds like the perfect compromise to me! 1800-1900 calories is really quite reasonable, after all.

By monitoring by eating patterns with less judgment, I've actually made more changes than when I would beat myself up about my choices. Now I have a much better sense of how to feel indulged rather than deprived by my healthy choices.

Robin said...

Well I'll be damned! Another sardine lover. Two, actually. Maybe we're on the verge of a sardine craze!

As for the jelly beans, don't sweat it. But I second Deborah's motion that you get those little suckers out of your house. I'm not sure I'd be able to resist them if they were calling to me from the cabinet or staring at me on the counter.

Take care, sweetie!