Tuesday, February 06, 2007



HELLO WORLD!!!


Hey there! Sorry it took me so long to get picks of Pabst up, but here ya go! You know some days I am not the sharpest tool in the shed. I had a bit of trouble figuring this whole picture thing out.


So here he is. In my little shoulder bag. He rides in here as we walk to work wrapped up in like 18,000 blankets because NY is FREEZING!!


He is really adjusting to everything quite well. I left him at home yesterday because I had meetings and a hair appointment and because it was just darn cold. I was worried all day that my neighbors would be waiting for me when I got home to kill me and the dog. I thought he would bark and howl in his kennel all day, but he did fine. He didnt poop everywhere and step in it. He just slept, chewed his toys, stayed quiet....Hell, he didnt even make a peep when I came in. He just looked at me.


I am constantly stressed about the puppy. I am so worried that something I do is going to scar him for life. This is the first animal I have ever had on the city. I was raised on a farm with tons of animals; chickens, cows, horses, dogs, cats. But the city is a scary thing. I just want to be a good mother and for my dog to be well behaved in public and around other dogs.
So, as far as CR is concerned, I have fallen down on the job a bit. I am not eating too terribly bad, but I have not been keeping track. I am not taking the time to enter all the info into the COM and I know that my nutrition is lacking. I know because I do not feel great. I am sluggish and can not seem to get enough sleep.

For example. I worked all freakin day yesterday and like April was subject to a cold office. COLD OFFICE. I work in an old warehouse in the Navy Yard area of Brooklyn. There is NO insulation and NO main heat source. I leave to walk home from work in the freezing cold and nearly die before I make it there. It's a decent walk. When I get home, I have kennel to clean, dog to feed, and have to spend at least 30 minutes on the floor playing. While I am fixing dinner, I am still playing with him; working on sitting and not jumping. Just talking to him in the baby doggy voice about my day. Finally, at 9:30 I get to eat dinner and had plans to develope Pabst's myspace page, but just couldn't keep my eyes open. So, alas, we headed for bed; he in his kennel and me in my bed.
I have to say, at least I am lucky to have a GREAT pup. He is already partially potty trained and he has no problems going into a kennel. He sleeps great through the night and is overall just a dream.
I just need to get my nutrition back on track so that I feel more energized each day and can deal with the little bit of added extra stress.
Okay blog world; thanks for letting me bitch!

7 comments:

Al Nye said...

What a cute pup -- I'm sure that he'll bring lots of joy into your life.

Al

April said...

Awwwww!!! Sweet puppy!!!

He is just adoreable!

I can't imagine Kieffer riding in my bag across the room, much less to work. MEOW!

a

Robin said...

What a cutie!
Carolyn, you sound like a typical mother hen. It's adorable! Don't worry - once you two settle on a routine, you'll be able to focus on other things (like CRON). Right now, just enjoy your new puppy and try not to worry too much about staying on top of everything.

Deborah said...

OM Gosh!! What a sweetheart. No worries Carolyn. Do what you must. Enjoy your puppy. it is so great that he's used to his kennel and all. It keeps him out of trouble and you sane.

Enjoy

D

Amy said...

I hate to sound like a broken record, but its natural to be more concerned about your baby than CR right now! Just take care of him. They truly are like babies - they need so much direction, and the direction you give him now will last a lifetime.

CR will always help a person, but remember, we all have decades to get it right.

That's my mantra, as I ate potato chips this morning :-)

Bye for now!

Amy

Ali said...

Love your pup!

Deborah said...

hey girl..nice new look. I almost didn't recognize you, thought I was in the wrong place. Looks good!!