Sunday, February 04, 2007

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!

Okay so Sunday is my day to plan for the week. Today I decided to make a few meals for the upcoming week that would bring a little variety to my life and make my daily eating a little less work, as the new pup is requiring quite a bit of my time.

I made two dished today and will share the recipes;


Tatta (this is my version of what Christina already made)

15 oz. part skim ricotta (no FF available)
2 oz. Parmesan cheese
2 whole eggs
1 cup egg whites
29 grams chopped fresh spinach
30 grams chopped fresh red pepper
55 grams chopped white onion
30 grams chopped mushrooms

The recipe I will split into 4 servings (large) and here is the break down;

235 calories
23 g protein
8 g carbs
11 g fat

Same basic vitamin and mineral info as Christina's. Over all just under 30% of each category. It's in the oven now and I can't wait!


TURKEY MEATLOAF


1.3 grams white/dark mix ground turkey
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green peppers
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
30 g Kavli Hearty Thick Crackers crushed
1 whole egg
salt and pepper

Here's the simplified breakdown;

4 servings
291 calories
29 g protein
7 g carb
15 g fat

16% vitamins
23% minerals


These are two recipes I have been dying to try, but have just been procrastinating on. I am going to gobble down that tatta for lunch just as soon as it comes out of the oven. I will probably put a couple of tablespoons of salsa on top as well.

Pabst (the new pup) is doing good. We were up and down quite a bit last night, but overall it went fairly well. He is adjusting fine. I even left him today for my trip to the grocery and he was fine.

I am headed out shortly for some Super Bowl action. I actually turned down going to the original party that I was planning for something a bit more low key with just a couple of friends and some simple home cooking and wine. Pabst will also be attending as the couple I will be with are his aunt and uncle. Have a great Sunday everyone!!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Hi Carolyn,

Your foods sound wonderful..I'm going to have to try those. I hope you had a good time last night. how's Pabst doing? You'll def. have to post a pic of him.

See ya 'round the blogs
D

Schatze said...

I'd love to see a pic, too! We are on day #2 with Jack - puppies really are a lot of work. We'll have to compare notes on training, etc. This is my very first dog, so it's all new to me.
That turkey meatloaf sounds really good!