Thursday, May 03, 2007

DIRTY LAUNDRY

Yes, I have tons and yes I need to take care of it.

However, this post is not really about dirty laundry, but missing laundry. You see.....

I drop my laundry at the corner wash house and pay per pound to have it washed, dried and neatly folded each week. I have been going to the same place since I moved into this new apartment in September. I really liked these people, until....

My favorite pair of jeans is missing AND my favorite T shirt, too!!!

These were the jeans that I blogged about earlier, finally being able to fit into them again and loving them!! I have worn these jeans nearly everyday since late January. Okay, not everyday, because that would just be gross, but you get my drift.

I am beginning to question my loyalty. After all there are wash houses on every corner in this town!

So the last week and half without my jeans has been kind of rough. I have had to really search through and dig through my closet to find the perfect fit. No such luck. However this morning....

I dug out an old pair of jeans that I like to refer to as "the bone crusher". These jeans are so f ing tight. So tight that the few times I did wear them, I had to give up breathing, sitting, eating, anything that would cause pain.

Well this morning I pulled them out and thought, let's just see.

THE JEANS FREAKIN FIT!

So I know I am doing something right as far as loosing the extra pounds I packed on. Now I really need to get focused on tracking through COM better and focusing on the ON.

In other news, I read that Miss M will be leaving us. I love reading your post and will be sorry to see you leave.

Seems like everyone is slowing down a bit on the blogs here. I read a lot about how people feel like it interferes with their life and I remember feeling that way one time before when I was really allowing blogger to interfere with my work. For me, I just had to learn how put aside a certain amount of time per day for blogger and stick with it. My schedule for the last month has been a little sticky with vacation and this new romantic interest, but I will get back into posting and reading more often. I heart my blogger (CR) friends! So to all those that are holding back or disappearing completely, please keep in touch. Email or a comment from time to time!

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Noooooo not the Favorite jeans...

But isn't it cool how a disaster turns into a blessing? You are wearing your bone crusher jeans?!?!? How great is that!?!?!?!?!? Yeah Carolyn!


I would def. change wash houses too..that's just not right..bring them a bill for the jeans..see how they deal with it.

I also am wearing 8 year-old "bone crushing jeans" too today. They fit, snugly, but not terribly. I might be stuck, but something is still happening here too.

Blogging def. takes time agree'd..some people get therapy from it, others need it to survive, other's not so much. I have NOTHING to do at work these days so I'm reading and writing long comments on everyone's post..isn't that awful? Yet, when I'm home, I have no time to post (like last night) go figure!

We'll ebb and flow and keep on fighting the good fight no matter what

:-D

Schatze said...

Carolyn -
Ooooh, lost favorite jeans? That's terrible. I'm sorry that happened to you! I have one pair of jeans that I literally wore out and kept re-patching and, yes, they are still in my closet even though I ran out of patches and the knees split again. But I cannot throw them away yet.
Good for you to have another pair now! Progress.
Ironically, I saw this headline and thought of you. Here is a guy who's taking his rage over lost pants a "bit" too far:

http://www.dcist.com/archives/2007/04/13/lost_pants_lead.php

Illiah said...

I worked at a summer camp where there was a common laundry and I pretty much had a new wardrobe by the end of the summer. Some of the staff only worked a month, and I would inherit everything they left behind. Some great gortex rain gear! But, poor thing, I feel your pain with the jeans.

But wow, wearing the bone crushers. I'm so jealous!

I'm still looking for a 12-step program for blogging. At least with CRON blogs, it's a totally different group of people. I'm a writer, so it's nice to touch base with reality now and then, especially people not whining about their agents and lack thereof.

Mizpah Matus said...

Hi Carolyn,

Nothing like the feeling when the skinny jeans fit! You must be doing something right.

Arturo said...

Hi Carolyn
I hope you won't sue the wash for several billion, as a judge did to some poor laundry owners who lost his pants. It must be the stuppidest [sp] lawsuit in history and hurts the owners, who migrated to the US to work hard and establish themselves. He claims pain and suffering in having to replace the pants and find a different laundry.
cheers
Arturo