Thursday, May 10, 2007

30 DAY CHALLENGE

Hey guys! Thanks so much for all your comments yesterday. Definitely got the ball rolling in my mind. I am not able to continue that post as of yet, but stay tuned.

I really wanted to post a challenge to myself here. As you all know, April was vacation month for me and it's been weeks since my return, but I am having a really hard time getting back into the smooth groove of CR and other general things in life. So, I am hoping to put into print some really basic principles to stick to and rely on the encouragement and support of my fellow CR bloggers, to help me regain my focus.

So here it is;

FOR THE NEXT 30 DAYS I WILL:

  • Record and track all intake using COM
  • Maintain a calorie level of 1600/day (give or take a couple)
  • Reduce alcohol intake by 50%
  • Have only 1 Diet Coke per day
  • Have only 1 Coffee per day
  • Take a full 1 hour lunch in the park or at home daily
  • Morning yoga routine 3 times per week, minimum
  • Take the stairs. No elevator use in my office (which is broken down 1/2 the time anyways)

So, I have no problem admitting that I have enjoyed my CRON experience, not only for the feeling of it, but also for the physical plus. Since being off the CRON wagon, I have not necessarily gained any weight, as a matter fact, I have continued to loose or stabilized for the most part. However, I do not feel as mentally sharp. My moods swing a bit differently and I have been battling a bit of cold. I really miss the way that I felt when I was practicing CRON (or my version of CRON) strictly.

So there you have it!

In other news; I found a huge bag of frozen artichoke hearts in my freezer. Any idea what I can make with that?

8 comments:

Sara said...

Artichoke dip - just defrost and whizz them up in the blender with lemon juice and a little bit of oil, and eat with your veggies! Or spread on bruschetta... mmmm.

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy, Sara! I love artichoke dip but not the super creamy stuff.

Carolyn, I like the idea of a 30-Day challenge. It sounds almost like a cleanse-ish sort of plan. Now that the semester is done and summer is right around the corner, I feel like this is the perfect time to get back to the basics and focus on what my body really needs. You've inspired me!

catlady said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jake Silver said...

Good luck with all those goals! They sound great!

Mizpah Matus said...

My experience of CRON has been similar with the awareness and perception aspects and this is a big motivation for me to continue with this lifestyle as well. Interesting you have had the same experience.
Good luck with your new goals!

Robin said...

Hi Carolyn,

At 1600, you'll be at the same level of restriction I've been at lately. I find it *so* easy to maintain this level of restriction so I definitely think it should be do-able for you.

If you want to limit coffee and soda intake, that's all well and good. Just make sure you make up for the decreased fluids by drinking water or decaf coffees/teas. It's important to stay hydrated.

I just read your previous post with the quote from Julia Child. From the rest of the quote you mentioned in your comments section, it seems she was being sort of sarcastic. Julia loved nothing better than sharing a delicious meal with friends, usually with a glass or two of wine.

I adored Julia. I can't say I use all her recipes - the French taught her to like butter a bit too much for my taste - but the woman certainly loved good food. She also had a wonderful attitude toward life. She was over 90 years old when she died and I get the feeling she had one of the richest, happiest lives of all time. I wish she were still on this planet with us.

The world needs more like her.

April said...

Frozen artichokes go great with Muir Glen organic fire roasted tomatoes, basil, garlic, oregano, all mixed together into a "pasta" sauce, which you can then pour over eggwhites or other veggies or anything else! Even as a sauce for a fish or shrimp or chicken dish.

a